• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is my 2011 MacBook Pro too old?

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to upgrade my LrC and PS programs on my 2011 MacBook Pro I'm being told my OS "is not compatible" and needs to be upgraded to at least 10.14. When I try to upgrade my High Sierra (10.13.6) to Catalina (10.14), I get a message from Apple that my computer is too old for anymore upgrades. Is buying a new computer my only option? If so, can someone recommend a Mac Book Pro model that will handle all my photo needs, but not break the bank? (I'm retired and photography is my main hobby.) Finally, can someone recommend a cloud storgage both reasonably priced and user friendly?  (I was told not to consider Mac Book Air because it's slow in processing photos and videos.) Any suggestions are appreciated.  

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is buying a new computer my only option?

If the versions of LR and PS that work now for you are all you need, then just don't upgrade.

Otherwise... yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Same issue here: iMac 27in mid 2011 and cannot upgrade the OS to 10.14 for the same reasons.
The machine works well and I cannot justify paying over A$1700 for a 21.5in (27 now out of reach!). So I am now paying for a Photography Plan and LR & PS cannot be updated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines