• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the "Home" tab actually supposed to do something Adobe Creative Cloud application?

LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2013 Jul 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I launch the Adobe Creative Cloud application (or click the menu bar icon if it is already running) all the "home" tab ever shows is a spinning "loading" indicator... no content, nothing, just the spinner. Is there actually supposed to be something there?

The other tabs work.. but "Home" does nothing but apparently waist bandwidth trying to load something.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 06, 2013 Jul 06, 2013

Then W_J_T uninstalling, deleting databse files, and reinstalling seems to have fix it. Horrible issue though if this is what it takes to solve it.

The exact link to help others:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others have been having the same issues lately, I have seen more posts today about it as well.

Does anything contained within these links in this thread help with the issue for you?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5470608

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then W_J_T uninstalling, deleting databse files, and reinstalling seems to have fix it. Horrible issue though if this is what it takes to solve it.

The exact link to help others:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi scott w,

I had similar problem as original poster. And I had removed the database file of Adobe as recommended in Step 2. I use Mac, the latest system architecture - 10.8.4, that is.

Then it work ok. But next new problem comes in. I am not quite sure what to make of this, but now it doesn't remember my log-in ID and password after I turn on my laptop.

This is annoying. This reminds me of the past few months awhile ago before the major release of latest Adobe Creative Cloud.

NOW, this is more annoying because this doesn't remember my log-in and password all together. What gives?

This is inconsistency.

Please FIX this annoying stubborn problem! Or I will NOT be willing to continue to subscribe for other annual subscription when it is up in December this year. I am wearing VERY thin! I expect consistency, reliable and prompt remedy. Yet, I am paying subscription fee - so, what is Adobe's excuse? This is not acceptable!

Please, please ADVISE! Very disappointed longtime Adobe customer for years!!! I don't know what else to say. DON"T ever f--- around with long-time customer! Shame on Adobe for aleining valuable pro-consumer!

Ciao for now!

CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CaramelMacchiato which version of the Adobe Creative Cloud application are you using?  We have made a recent update to the Creative Cloud application which seems to have reduced the number of Users experiencing this difficulty. 

Please see Creative Cloud app for desktop | Release Notes - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/release-notes-1-0-183.html for additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright,

I am running version of Adobe Creative Cloud 1.0.0.183.

What's the next step, please. Thanks in advance.

Best,

CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I have noticed already a decrease in the reports of users experiencing this difficulty after the updated release.  We are continuing to work to address the difficulties some users are still experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright,

Just wondering if this have to do with Growl (a silience ulitity application) that comes with Mac... there were some report associated with some problems with Growl. I have no idea what the heck is Growl app is for. Do you think it could cause some conflict with Creative Cloud Connection or any of CC utlity app anyhow?

Perhaps that you want to do bit of sluething on this one and let us know.

Thanks in advance, CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Growl caused some issues back when CS5 was released. Adobe quit auto-installing Growl like they did with CS5 (thank you Adobe). And since that time the Growl team has corrected all the issues I was aware of. I've not seen any issue with Growl and the Creative Suite in a few years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CaremelMacchiato I checked my personal Mac, which has Growl installed, and Adobe Creative Cloud is working normally.  The AdobeCEF Helper process is behaving the same as the Mac which does not have Growl installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, what does AdobeCEF Helper do, in terms of its primary function?

As for Growl app, I remember back around when Adobe released CS5, as I had upgraded to Master Collection. Around at that time, Growl app notified me that I need to update the app... And went to Growl website and it asked me to pay for the upgrade of Growl... And I never had purchased or installed growl app... Boy I was not happy about this. I had wrote a real nasty feedback to Growl and Apple over this issue.

Yet, I have no cue as to what is purpose of Growl app? Is it a necessary utility app to have on all Macs or not? Please advise... I know it is slightly off topic, but want to understand the simple primary purpose of Growl.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian Growl is an system notification application.  It use to be available at free and then the developers added it for a small fee to the Apple app store.

As for the AdobeCEF Helper my understanding is that it has a function in regards to the list of applications being made available but that is not it's only function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks. I'll let it be for now. Thanks for your help in the past and yesterday.

Best, Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your welcome Brian.  Happy I was able to provide some additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines