Highlighted

Is this discount offer right?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope someone can bring some light to businesses on an offer that adobe is running.

I was shocked that they would be doing such an offer at this time.

My Story

I heard that adobe was letting some companies have 2 months free on their subscriptions. Reading more, it was more that if you go to cancel your subscription an offer 2 months free offer is given.

https://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/news/creative-software/adobes-just-made-creative-cloud-free-if-y...

I’m a photographer and most of my work is portraits. Of course, a lot of work is being cancelled so an offer like this certainly helps. The offer I get is not this 2 month free. Its 40% discount (see screenshots).

Keep the same plan for 40% less

Regular

47,89 €/mo

Discount for your first year

29,99 €/mo

What is does not tell you is that after the discount period your subscription will move over to the current pricing.

For example, I pay 47,89 € per month. I would save 17,90 € per month. That would be great with what is going on. Sadly after this discount period, I would be moved to a new plan which would be at the current price of 69,99 € per month. Meaning I would be paying 22.10 € per month more for as long as I continue my subscription. It is not mentioned clearly in the offer.

It does say this - We may change your plan’s rate each annual renewal term, and we will notify you of any rate change with the option to cancel. But please see the word ‘may’. This is not correct, they will change the rate at the end of the period to the current subscription price so if your subscription is less it will go up. I have had my 47,89 for around 6 years now. So if I had agreed and I’m still trading in 6 years Adobe would have made 1512 € Extra from me agreeing to this ‘discount’. Of course, they could up my subscription at the end of this period but you get my point, it’s a sneaky deal at best.

After chatting to 3 adobe employees on the Adobe chat platform this was confirmed:

Junaid

Once you change the subscription and the one year for Eur 29.99 is over you will be charged EUR 69,99.

So it seems that at present businesses could well be attracted to saving on what seems like a nice gesture at a ‘time of need’ from Adobe only to find out in a year time that at the end of the period Adobe will be profiting from a higher subscription fee.

I have a copy of the conversation that I had with Adobe if that helps. I am shocked that it is even an offer.

Adobe knows this is wrong as I suddenly got an email: We credited your account with 90 free day(s) of service. It is never mentioned in the chat that this was done. I just got it.

I really hope that you also feel this is wrong and help me get them to take it down or make it clear in the terms and conditions.

adobe.jpgadobe2.jpgadobe4.jpg

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is this discount offer right?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope someone can bring some light to businesses on an offer that adobe is running.

I was shocked that they would be doing such an offer at this time.

My Story

I heard that adobe was letting some companies have 2 months free on their subscriptions. Reading more, it was more that if you go to cancel your subscription an offer 2 months free offer is given.

https://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/news/creative-software/adobes-just-made-creative-cloud-free-if-y...

I’m a photographer and most of my work is portraits. Of course, a lot of work is being cancelled so an offer like this certainly helps. The offer I get is not this 2 month free. Its 40% discount (see screenshots).

Keep the same plan for 40% less

Regular

47,89 €/mo

Discount for your first year

29,99 €/mo

What is does not tell you is that after the discount period your subscription will move over to the current pricing.

For example, I pay 47,89 € per month. I would save 17,90 € per month. That would be great with what is going on. Sadly after this discount period, I would be moved to a new plan which would be at the current price of 69,99 € per month. Meaning I would be paying 22.10 € per month more for as long as I continue my subscription. It is not mentioned clearly in the offer.

It does say this - We may change your plan’s rate each annual renewal term, and we will notify you of any rate change with the option to cancel. But please see the word ‘may’. This is not correct, they will change the rate at the end of the period to the current subscription price so if your subscription is less it will go up. I have had my 47,89 for around 6 years now. So if I had agreed and I’m still trading in 6 years Adobe would have made 1512 € Extra from me agreeing to this ‘discount’. Of course, they could up my subscription at the end of this period but you get my point, it’s a sneaky deal at best.

After chatting to 3 adobe employees on the Adobe chat platform this was confirmed:

Junaid

Once you change the subscription and the one year for Eur 29.99 is over you will be charged EUR 69,99.

So it seems that at present businesses could well be attracted to saving on what seems like a nice gesture at a ‘time of need’ from Adobe only to find out in a year time that at the end of the period Adobe will be profiting from a higher subscription fee.

I have a copy of the conversation that I had with Adobe if that helps. I am shocked that it is even an offer.

Adobe knows this is wrong as I suddenly got an email: We credited your account with 90 free day(s) of service. It is never mentioned in the chat that this was done. I just got it.

I really hope that you also feel this is wrong and help me get them to take it down or make it clear in the terms and conditions.

adobe.jpgadobe2.jpgadobe4.jpg

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 19, 2020 0

Have something to add?