Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue Downloading Adobe Audition

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Community!

I am a student in Dufferin Peel Catholic District School Board and I have an Adobe account (made by using my school email, the board provides students with free accounts if they sign in with their school email). In my account, I'm supposed to have access to and be able to download Adobe Audition; the website even says that my laptop is compatible. But every time I hit "Install," I'm told to download a file "Audition_Set-Up" so I can get started, and then a new window for my Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app opens. However, Audition isn't listed in the list of available apps and services in my Creative Cloud Desktop app. Other times, when I try to download Audition from the website, a new tab open and says that Audition is dowloading although nothing happens. Moreover, when trying to dowload again, I got another pop-up that read "Error 1706." It seems like something new happens every time. My laptop is a Sony Vaio (model PCG-3J1L) that has just updated to Windows 10 (originally it was Windows 7). It also has a multicore processor and meets other system requirements to run Adobe Audition. Initially, I thought that maybe the download wouldn't work because my laptop is old, but that may not be the case. What should I do? Should I contact anyone else or anyone specific?

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install the cc desktop app from here https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud and use it to install your adobe subscription and trial programs.

if audition is not listed there it's because your computer is not compatible.  here are the audtion specs (though the most likely problem is you don't have a 64 bit cpu/os or your os is not current):

Processor

Multicore processor with 64-bit support

Operating system

Microsoft® Windows 10 (64 bit) version 1803 or higher.

RAM

4GB of RAM

Hard disk space

4GB of available hard-disk space for installation; plus additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)

Monitor resolution

1920x1080 or larger display

OpenGL

OpenGL 2.0 capable system

Sound card

Sound card compatible with ASIO protocol, WASAPI, or Microsoft WDM/MME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks! I tried using the link but the download still wouldn't work...I'm assuming it's probably because one of the reasons you listed. I'll try finding an alternative.

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could not download the cc desktop app?

or you could download and you could install the cc desktop app but audtion was not listed?

or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late response and not being specific. The download opened the Creative Cloud desktop app, but Audition wasn't listed there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no problem.  that just confirms that your computer doesn't meet specs (as you surmised).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright, thanks for helping! Have a great day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines