Highlighted

Issues with CS6 installation on Windows 10 - Can't Input Registration Key

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a new computer built and the tech guys where I had my machine created said I would have no problem running CS6 on a Windows 10 machine.  Well, I've tried installing 3x now and run into the issue of not being able to type in the registration code.  I've only installed this version on one machine. 

I've looked at several discussions in the Forum, but haven't been able to find this exact issue.  Can anyone kindly help?  Much appreciated!  Thank you! ~Nancy

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Brucgovn | Adobe Community Professional

If you still face same issue , try with below steps:

Step 1)

Launch Task Manager, click on More Details option  and end all Adobe related tasks.

Step 2)

Navigate to C: > Program Files(x86) > " Common Files"  > Adobe .

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Unable to delete ?? try to rename . like OOBE-old.

Step 3)

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager10.0_all.exe

Once the installation process is completed, locate Adobe Application Manager launch icon on Desktop and double click on it .

It will start update process. it will get updated to Adobe Creative Cloud which is nothing but updated version of Adobe Application Manager. You can quit it ., no need to sign in.

once it is completed, try to install CS6 using downloaded installer file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issues with CS6 installation on Windows 10 - Can't Input Registration Key

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a new computer built and the tech guys where I had my machine created said I would have no problem running CS6 on a Windows 10 machine.  Well, I've tried installing 3x now and run into the issue of not being able to type in the registration code.  I've only installed this version on one machine. 

I've looked at several discussions in the Forum, but haven't been able to find this exact issue.  Can anyone kindly help?  Much appreciated!  Thank you! ~Nancy

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Brucgovn | Adobe Community Professional

Step 1)

Launch Task Manager, click on More Details option  and end all Adobe related tasks.

Step 2)

Step 3)

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager10.0_all.exe

Once the installation process is completed, locate Adobe Application Manager launch icon on Desktop and double click on it .

It will start update process. it will get updated to Adobe Creative Cloud which is nothing but updated version of Adobe Application Manager. You can quit it ., no need to sign in.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 28, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is not supported under Windows 10. But you can try to running the apps it in Windows 7 mode and see if that helps.

That said, what exact issue are you having? What do you mean you can’t type in the code? Do you get an activation screen where you can enter the serial number?

Is this a HiDPI monitor? If so, be aware that some CS6 apps were never optimized for it. Make sure that all operating system scaling is set to 100%.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2017 1
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I know how to do what you suggest.  Sorry. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the contents of disc to PC and try to install, still same issue?? Try with downloaded installer file once :

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2017 1
Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you installing from your original disc, or from a download?

If from a download, are you sure you downloaded the installer that matches your serial number?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2017 1
Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hyacinth0719  wrote

I've tried installing 3x now and run into the issue of not being able to type in the registration code. 

Can you post a screenshot?

It sounds like a display problem.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2017 1
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my delay in re-posting; working all day.  Thanks for all of your responses. 

Here's what I see:

I cannot input the Serial Number - keyboard will not work with the input box areas.  I just had this computer built - running Windows 10.

So, I'm new to Windows 10; Windows 7 reluctant convert.  PC.

So...appreciate any help!  Thank you!

Nancy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am installing from the original disc which I own. 

Thanks,

Nancy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

This may sound kind of "dumb", but how do I do this?  I clicked on the link above (thank you), but am not sure what I am looking for?  Can you please assist?

Many thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2017 0
Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing. You need to download setup file using which you can install CS 6 on your comp.

Note down the name of the CS 6 original disc like it will be Design premium or Design Standard...etc

Same name you search on the link I had provided you earlier , Under Windows section you will find options to download 2 files. File (1 of 2) and File (2 of 2).

File(1 of 2 ) is an Zip file, which contains all installation files.

File(2 of 2 ) is an executable file, which will initiate installation process.

After download 2 files , make sure to keep them under same folder side by side and then double click on file named File (2 of 2) which is small in size  , it will start installation process.

If you need further assistance or face any issues during installation , please let us know we will assist you accordingly.

Screenshot:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2017 1
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I tried this yesterday, but it didn't work.  I'll try again today with your detailed instructions.  Many thanks!  I'll be back!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2017 0
Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1)

Step 2)

Step 3)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2017 1
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So link: https://community.adobe.com/external-link.jspa?url=http:%2F%2Fdownload.adobe.com%2Fpub%2Fadobe%2Fcre...

does not work "404 page not found"....i am trying to solve an issue with adobe writer X on a users machine that crashes out shortly after loading up. please help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2020 0
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For CS6 and earlier you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
--if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2020 0