Highlighted

Laptop recommendations

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for a laptop thats suited to running all the Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign mainly).

Info on what brands are best, what size GB, video cards, screen size etc would be great.

I've never owned a laptop so have no idea what to look for.

Thanks!

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Laptop recommendations

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for a laptop thats suited to running all the Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign mainly).

Info on what brands are best, what size GB, video cards, screen size etc would be great.

I've never owned a laptop so have no idea what to look for.

Thanks!

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever you decide to buy, please ensure your computer exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use.  Baseline requirements vary by product & platform. 
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Buy the fastest processing chip, the biggest hard drive, the most RAM and the best video card you can afford.  I think you get a lot more bang for your buck with a Windows PC than you do with a Macbook but that's up to you and what your budget allows.  

For what it's worth, I've always had a good experience with Dell computers but I can't say the same for HP.

Happy shopping!

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Photoshop is sometimes a huge RAM-eater so you need at least 16 GB of RAM to use it quite smoothly. An SSD is mandatory to get a faster and real-time experience (not only with Adobe software but also with your system). I recommend you to get at least 512 GB (1 TB ideal) and buy an external HDD (not necessarily SSD) as they are quite cheap nowadays (2 TB for 70$). Graphic card will change your game in Illustrator and Photoshop. I recommend you Nvidia ones (so not to go Apple) as they are better supported and as they have some feature that AMD doesn't handle. You will need at least 4GB of VRAM. By the way, you will need a Intel Core i5 or i7 processor with at least 4 Cores / 8 Threads for multitasking.

The screen is also very important for color accuracy. I recommend 100 % sRGB at least and ideally 100 % AdobeRGB or DCI-P3. The resolution will depend on your screen size. FHD (1080×1920 px) is good enough on 13 inches and reach limits on a 15 inches display. 4K (2160×3840 px) will be great on 15 to 17 inches displays. I recommend you at least a 15 inches display if you don't want to get pain onn your eyes.

Considering all of that, I recommend you to go Dell XPS 15 or Asus. HP and Acer products are quite not safe and their specs are 2 years old.

If you consider to go Apple, a MacBook pro is mandatory. The new 16 inches seems to be pretty good (they remove the infamous keyboard to a new one without issue).

Have fun !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines