Highlighted

Laptop required reboot and now cannot deactivate CS6

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I recently had to wipe my computer after it crashed and reinstall Mojave (not upgrading to Catalina as then my CS 6 Suite won't work). However when I try to open InDesign etc it's saying I need to Uninstall CS6 even though I no longer have access to the old files as the backups were corrupted. Any ideas on how I can deactivate an old licence if I don't have the files anymore and reinstall CS 6 again?

Many thanks!

Jade

Topics

Activation, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Laptop required reboot and now cannot deactivate CS6

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I recently had to wipe my computer after it crashed and reinstall Mojave (not upgrading to Catalina as then my CS 6 Suite won't work). However when I try to open InDesign etc it's saying I need to Uninstall CS6 even though I no longer have access to the old files as the backups were corrupted. Any ideas on how I can deactivate an old licence if I don't have the files anymore and reinstall CS 6 again?

Many thanks!

Jade

Topics

Activation, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it saying you need to deactivate your license, or is it saying you need to uninstall? These seem to be two very different things. Exact message please. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you can't deactivate a serial number
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
Click here https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html
-then click the '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right to chat with a person

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines