• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

last update all my files changed

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mt last computer update changes all my .pes files changed to .pdf files  does anyoneknow how i can change them back?

TOPICS
CC FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge there is no Adobe program that writes/reads files with the PES file extension.

They seem to be Brother Embroidery Format for Embroidery machines.

Also no Adobe program Update or Upgrade Re-Write (Changes) any User Created document file extension.

That doesn't happen when the Programs are updated. And certainly not without asking the user if they want to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok let me change this to my windows 10 updated and it changed all the files to .pdf files why 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is something you need to ask Microsoft about.

AFAIK not even a Windows 10 update would go through your system changing files extensions for User Created documents (Files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a Microsoft problem... Go to the Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find an article about changing file name extensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that the file extensions were changed from .pes to .pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did it change the extension or the icon?

If it's the icon, just change the association for .pes from Acrobat to your embroidery software application. Right-click a .pes file in Windows File Explorer > Open with > [your application]  (you may need to browse for it. Be sure to select for all files of this type and not just the one you right-clicked.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines