• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lavasoft plug-in causes CC 2017 applications to crash or run slowly

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded the latest version of Photoshop CC (2017) and it won't even open. It says 'Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 has stopped working'. When I click 'Debug' it says 'An unhandled win32 exception occurred in Photoshop.exe [22540].

I have tried loading it up holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift to delete the settings file (as someone else suggested) but it didn't fix the problem.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed my problem. When I opened photoshop cc2017 my firewall said it was blocking access to my internet for an adobe routine. I granted it permission and Photoshop ran fine. I didn't capture what needed access

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As simple as this, but did it slightly different, I went into ctrl panel, Windows firewall, setup new outbound rules to each bit of software, then right clicked on my .exe for Ps, Ae and Pr and selected 'run as administrator' they now work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akash! At first I thought I didn't have the file, but when I checked more carefully, found it and renamed it, my problem resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have anything Lava on my PC. Searched my C: drive for all the .dll files. I have had Adobe support take over my computer twice. Even installed a 2015.5 version and still not working. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming the file lavasofttcpservice64.dll to old.lavasofttcpservice64.dll worked for me. I could not delete the file but this was an easy fix photoshop cc 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE AN ANGEL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first_run.jpg

First run photoshop cc2017 on my windows 10 - DW, LR, same. Only Ai work good. Please help. After reinstalling the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give up.  I have now uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe PS CC 2017 six times.  I have followed to the letter and attempted all the fixes that many of you have posted on this blog.  All to NO avail!  I thank you all for you help.  I have reinstalled Adobe PS CC 2015.5.  I will be happy using CC 2015.5 until the end of time if that's what it takes to progress towards creating and developing my photos.

So long,..

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed Blog number 19 of 5 Nov 2016 advice (scotts52453901)

Use Tilda Symbol before the word Spaces. (See below).  Problem solved. Adobe 2017CC installed and running.2016-11-07_145013.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Web Protection from LavaSoft via Control panel and Photoshop CC 2017 works.

When I only deleted the file LavasoftTcpService64.dll from folder system32 photoshop works but Premiere Pro won't launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to launch Photoshop CC 2017 after renaming the Lavasoft files. After rebooting I've found that my print spooler won't start. I restored my system and have found that this is a direct consequence of disabling the lavasoft dll. I also found that I cannot uninstall Lavasoft Ad-Aware because it's not listed as installed. This may be a consequence of having upgraded to Windows10 from Win7 where I may have removed the original Ad-Aware, but apparently not removed the dll files?

I am still stuck as I can either use Photoshop CC 2017 or use any of my printers.
I really don't understand the relationship between my print spooler and the lavasoft dll, but that's where I stand.
For now I'm going back to Photoshop CC 2015.5 and just hope Abobe can get this bug fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very interesting, because I fixed the Photoshop issue by renaming the lavasoft DLL and only just last week discovered that my printer was no longer working -  the print spooler queue would not start.  For what it is worth I am also seeing strange delays in Microsoft Word where it get stuck opening or closing files for 10 seconds at a time.  I had thought the printer problem and the word issue were related to file corruption due to a recent power failure, but maybe it is all ad-aware/photoshop related.

Anyway I was able to fix the printer spooler error and have Photoshop 2017 running still.  I spent ages googling and *think* the final solution came from this link

Print Spooler error 0x800706b9 printer not enough resources - Microsoft Community

I really cannot remember the full details now, but I know for sure I ended up running the system file checker (SFC) referred to near the end of the post.  Maybe this will work for you too.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ade,

Thank you, that's helpful.

Actually, shortly after posting my note I had a couple of other ideas and found that if I opened CCleaner, went to the uninstall program section and reordered by publisher there was another Lavasoft program called Web Companion. I used CCleaner to uninstall that, rebooted and found my Spooler started as it should and Photoshop CC 2017 is working.

Others with this exact issue might consider doing something similar.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem and found this fix:

1. Please, start Command Prompt as an administrator by right-clicking it and select Run as administrator.

2. Enter this command to reset the network adapter (end with the Enter key):

netsh winsock reset

3. Restart the computer.

4. Please, delete these two files:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\LavasoftTcpService.dll (only for 64-bit Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this.  Indeed I found I had to reset my network as well - again I did not realise this was part of the same issue.  I also found the DLL in SysWOW64 - thanks for pointing this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i renamed the  lavasoft  dll and it starts up for me now as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. My laptop isnt updated and works fine for school. but my PC at home can't open photoshop at all with out the error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just when threw the steps to see if LAVA soft was the faulting module. it is. I am not updating my laptop CC. Does anyone know how to uninstall LAVAsoft? it doesn't should up on my programs to click uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for "Web Companion" in the list. It's the one with the problematic Lavasoft Dll files, but because it is not listed as Lavasoft Web Companion, then it's an easy trick to miss.

I also recommend everyone uninstall Web Companion, not just rename or remove the DLLs, due to a report of it blocking the Adobe Stock search from inside Photoshop's Libraries Panel.

How to fix "Sorry, something went wrong while searching Adobe Stock. Please try again."

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We´ve encountered the same problems with Photoshop CC2017, Acrobat Pro CC2017 and Dreamweaver CC2017 on a windows 10 system (Lenovo I7). The Adobe apps all installed correctly and started, but ended up in an error (no id).

This steps worked for us perfectly (after hours of research, trial and error):

- check your installed programs for Web Companion (this is an anti-adware program for windows and browsers from lavasoft)

- deinstall the program

- restart your computer

Now everything should be working properly. This solution might be applicable for other installed programs of Lavasoft origin.

Several forum answers refer to the LavasoftTcpService64.dll. This should be renamed to Old.LavasoftTcpService64.dll located :-C:\Windows\system32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll.

This fixes the problems only seemingly. Digging deeper into the rabbit hole, you´ll find that your windows print spooler has crashed and Acrobat will not be working at all. To avoid that, don´t just rename the .dll but deinstall the complete application web companion like stated above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

July 20th 2017:
Updated PS CC2017 on a MacPro 2009 2,93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 12 GB DDR3
Photoshop hangs for half an hour on 'reading preferences'.

No further activity but the spinning wheel. Computer restarted several times, but overall it takes about 15 minutes to work on this Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines