• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legacy Java SE 6 Runtime

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I have an iMac [wireless] desktop computer - my student version Adobe Creative Suite 5 (Master Collection (and CS4) was integrated onto my desktop from my laptop - installed latest Apple update, MacOS Sierrea 10.12 - now my Adobe Creative Suite no longer works, the apps will not open - error message reads: 

To open "Adobe Photoshop CS5" you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime -  (same message reads for any of the Creative Suite apps) - I have contacted Apple who troubleshooted the problem and they referred me to to you - please help, I am a Graphic Designer and need my applications to work - thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Legacy Java does not ship with Sierra. You will have to install it.

You can download it here. Download Java for OS X 2015-001

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legacy Java does not ship with Sierra. You will have to install it.

You can download it here. Download Java for OS X 2015-001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new MacBook Pro 15” and migrated my MacBook Pro 13” software over to my new computer. My Adobe CS5 is saying I need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime. I did and I also verified it. I am still getting the pop up menu, could you please let me know what I need to do to fix this issue? By the way I have Sierra on my other mac's.

Thanks for you help.

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried a restart of your Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and I had Apple Care log on my Computer and went through everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Migration is a bad idea for Adobe software. The best idea is to unistall--the uninstaller is in your program folder--and reinstall.

So you get a fresh installer here: Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 products

And follow the instructions for installing CS5 on Sierra:

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Let me know how it went so that we can move to updating CS5.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try it and let you know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled it and I am reinstalling it from the disks, I shared it to my 27 inch iMac which has the CD slot and connected it to my laptop hoping that that will work. Thank you for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it does, you will need to update the Adobe Application Manager so that Help > Updates will work.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a wast of time... it still gets the same error code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm out of ideas. You could see if uninstalling it does anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am out of ideas too. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it with the disk. I guess I'll have to lug 2 laptops around on trips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked some other threads about this and found this one with far more detailed discussion:

Can't open CS5 in OS-X "Sierra"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am SO disappointed, I was very excited to get my new laptop & have worked hours setting it up. Only problem I had was CS5, so very strange because I have the same operating system on my other computers and they work just fine. I can't spend any more time on it so I finally bit the bullet & got Adobe Cloud, don't like the idea of a subscription. But with my new MacBook Pro, old CS5 didn't work on macOS Sierra and I think all software is going to go that route eventually. Thank you for all the links and help! K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've have CC with few issues and great flexibility. I can keep or install past versions and move to from my Mac to my Windows PC with no need for extra licensing. You have some great improvements that will help your workflow. Have fun with it, and drop by if there is something you are having trouble with.

Granted, new versions come with glitches and your third parties plugin makers may not have caught up, so being able to keep and open earlier versions helps.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for all your input. I feel good about it now, I just like to own things not rent them .

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does not work.Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 11.14.19 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@crazy31931630ha2e 

you're trying to apply dated advice.

are you trying to install cs5 on a current mac os?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This topic is from 2016 when apps & software were 32-bit.

Modern Macs can't run 32-bit apps. That ended with macOS Mojave.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines