• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7 Update Problem

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have an Adobe ID account and I registered my LIGHTROOM 5 product with the SN. (I bought in 2013 the license LR 5, software to install with the CD). I tried to update LR to version 5.7 but when I put in my correct SN it says invalid. or sends me to the free one month trial page of adobe tracking. How should i go about this? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Ok, thanks for the update, Itztwin.  Please download a fresh copy of the Lightroom 5.7.1 installation files that I referenced in message #2 of this public forum discussion.  You can click on the link to View the full discussion to view the forum discussion in your default web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Itztwin, what prompted the need to reinstall and update Lightroom 5?  Is there a reason that you are not installing Lightroom 5.7.1 from Download Photoshop Lightroom and installing Lightroom 5 instead?  Please download Lightroom 5.7.1 from Download Photoshop Lightroom and then begin the installation process. 

I would also recommend verifying that the serial number for Lightroom 5 is registered under your account at http://www.adobe.com/.   For information on how to locate your registered serial numbers see Find your serial number .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my Macbook to high Sierra and after I did that,  I went to edit some photos and all ther photos in my light room catalog looked really weird and not clear at all. I figured maybe i needed to update to 5.7 but for some reason when I tried to update it it says I can start a trial or sign it with SN which I do but it says that its invalid but I clearly have the correct one because I have it in my Adobe profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the update, Itztwin.  Please download a fresh copy of the Lightroom 5.7.1 installation files that I referenced in message #2 of this public forum discussion.  You can click on the link to View the full discussion to view the forum discussion in your default web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have the same issue Itztwin explained. I followed your direction to download and install 5.7.1. Install successful. When I start Lightroom, I am asked to sign in which leads to trial software and on and on. Now I cannot get to Lightroom and my clients' images. I have been on hold 54 minutes with customer service and on my third transfer because no one seems to be trained to help me. Maybe you have some suggestions. I am running High Sierra and will gladly go back to my crashing Lightroom 5.7 if I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sherriet9836037, are you still facing errors when installing Lightroom 5.7.1?  I am showing that you contacted our support team in case ADB-2726842-K0W4 and the case is marked as problem solved.  Are you still experiencing errors?  If so what prompted you to reinstall Lightroom 5.7 .1 on macOS 10.13?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It says "We do not provide installers for apps we no longer sell. ". Did I throw away 300 dollars?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this problem is still valid today.
I also have Version 5 and cannot update to Version 5.7
The link mentioned below just goes back to LR6.

How can I update my old version 5 to 5.7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

registration of a vailid serial fails of LR5, update 5.7 is no where to be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had some luck, my brother still had the official 5.71 update (WIN) on his NAS. I would like to make it available for download for others still happy to use LR5 , because of Adobe forces you to only buy CC abo's.  To be sure: @Adobe, is this legal to share my update 5.7 like this, and make it downloadable for others? (of cource no illigal version, the same everybody could download in the past from the adobe website)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines