• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to start up a new install of Lightroom 5.7 as my old hard drive crashed.  I was able to install it and then had Error 16 show up, which seemed to resolve after permissions were fixed on all Adobe software. I tried again to start up the program and now have Error 5 showing up.

Any thoughts??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Ronmp49987284, what process did you use to install Lightroom 5.7.1 on the new computer? Did you perform a clean install, on a new drive, or did you transfer the application from the failing drive to the new drive?

Error 16 typically occurs due to a file permission failure that happens the licensing files have been copied from one computer to another.  You can find more information on this error at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error.html.

I am not familiar with Erro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to correct community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ronmp49987284, what process did you use to install Lightroom 5.7.1 on the new computer? Did you perform a clean install, on a new drive, or did you transfer the application from the failing drive to the new drive?

Error 16 typically occurs due to a file permission failure that happens the licensing files have been copied from one computer to another.  You can find more information on this error at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error.html.

I am not familiar with Error 5 while opening Lightroom 5.7.1.  Can you please post a screenshot of the error, Ronp49987284?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

297C6A3B-EB79-4648-AD00-67ED3EA63EC2.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ronmp49987284, I look forward to the answers to the other questions which I asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the install on a new drive, the tech i chatted with sent me the link for a clean install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you attempting a fresh new install on Catalina?  See the help article below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/macos-catalina-compatibility.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m wondering if 5.7 is incompatible with Catalina. 

Ron 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to install Lightroom 5.7 on my new Macbook (Catalina 10.15.4) and after the installation got this error:

Configuration error

[..]

Error: 5

I chatted with support, but they told me that the old version wouldn't be compatible with Catalina, and I should upgrade.

Now, I only use Lightroom a couple of times a year, so I'm not keen on buying into a subscription plan.

So I tinkered around a bit.

I knew that LR worked just fine on my previous Mac (also Catalina), so it should be possible.

First, I copid all Lightroom files from my old Mac to the new one, and alas, it worked!

Then, I tried to find out what file made the difference.

Turns out, that all you have to do to make it work is to edit the file "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Lightroom 5.0 InstallCookie" and replace "CCM" with "Standalone".

After that, when opening LR again, I get prompted with the registration screen and the app works just fine.

Also, the download link was removed from the Adobe website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines