Highlighted

Lightroom 5.7

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to start up a new install of Lightroom 5.7 as my old hard drive crashed.  I was able to install it and then had Error 16 show up, which seemed to resolve after permissions were fixed on all Adobe software. I tried again to start up the program and now have Error 5 showing up.

Any thoughts??

Ronmp49987284, what process did you use to install Lightroom 5.7.1 on the new computer? Did you perform a clean install, on a new drive, or did you transfer the application from the failing drive to the new drive?

Error 16 typically occurs due to a file permission failure that happens the licensing files have been copied from one computer to another.  You can find more information on this error at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error.html.

I am not familiar with Error 5 while opening Lightroom 5.7.1.  Can you please post a screenshot of the error, Ronp49987284?

Topics

Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Lightroom 5.7

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to start up a new install of Lightroom 5.7 as my old hard drive crashed.  I was able to install it and then had Error 16 show up, which seemed to resolve after permissions were fixed on all Adobe software. I tried again to start up the program and now have Error 5 showing up.

Any thoughts??

Ronmp49987284, what process did you use to install Lightroom 5.7.1 on the new computer? Did you perform a clean install, on a new drive, or did you transfer the application from the failing drive to the new drive?

Error 16 typically occurs due to a file permission failure that happens the licensing files have been copied from one computer to another.  You can find more information on this error at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error.html.

I am not familiar with Error 5 while opening Lightroom 5.7.1.  Can you please post a screenshot of the error, Ronp49987284?

Topics

Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to correct community

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

297C6A3B-EB79-4648-AD00-67ED3EA63EC2.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ronmp49987284, I look forward to the answers to the other questions which I asked.

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the install on a new drive, the tech i chatted with sent me the link for a clean install.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you attempting a fresh new install on Catalina?  See the help article below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/macos-catalina-compatibility.html

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m wondering if 5.7 is incompatible with Catalina. 

Ron 

Translate

Translate

thowi LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install Lightroom 5.7 on my new Macbook (Catalina 10.15.4) and after the installation got this error:

Configuration error

[..]

Error: 5

I chatted with support, but they told me that the old version wouldn't be compatible with Catalina, and I should upgrade.

Now, I only use Lightroom a couple of times a year, so I'm not keen on buying into a subscription plan.

So I tinkered around a bit.

I knew that LR worked just fine on my previous Mac (also Catalina), so it should be possible.

First, I copid all Lightroom files from my old Mac to the new one, and alas, it worked!

Then, I tried to find out what file made the difference.

Turns out, that all you have to do to make it work is to edit the file "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Lightroom 5.0 InstallCookie" and replace "CCM" with "Standalone".

After that, when opening LR again, I get prompted with the registration screen and the app works just fine.

Also, the download link was removed from the Adobe website.

Translate

Translate