• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.5 trade version??

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have what is a copy of Lightroom 6.5 from guess where?! The seller is insisting it is a trade version which has a pre-activated license. I guess no such version exists but would like it confirming before launching into a fight. The install is to copy files to hdd which again should make me suspicious. I should have done my reasearch first and not got excited about a copy, packaging was convincing.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

You've been scammed... report Fraud or Piracy https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?idx=AGSBBD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've been scammed... report Fraud or Piracy https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?idx=AGSBBD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only have you been scammed, that "pre-activated" version is hacked and may very well contain malware to steal your information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes I removed it, went off line and have been scanning with 3 different antivirus/malware apps. Feel foolish as normally I'm very sceptical about these things - although begrudgingly have to admit that the packaging is impressive even down to a sticker on the back - a long way from dodgy spelling on DVD cases. Back to LR5.7 (official). Will report to Adobe and Ebay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update...

"I never said it was a trade version, I said it was a trade copy.

Trade refers to the pre-activated business license of the product, i.e not a retail license.

I'll cancel the license then, so, it can't be used illegitimately."

Good luck with that..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whatever the fraudlent seller calls it, it is not legal to sell

Adobe did sell VOLUME license versions to companies... which are NOT legal to sell to individuals on ebay

From reading a LOT of messages since I signed up for Adobe forums in 2002 those volume licenses had a serial number that was used during install, they were not pre-activated to just copy from disc to computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines