• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIghtroom 6 license

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Lightroom 6 I bought in store long time ago and I had to change my Windows computer - Changed motherboard, reinstall windows etc.

Unfortunately my license does not work because it says I already activated on that license 2 devices and I cannot do anymore. One was the computer I simply upgraded to new windows and reinstalled windows.
I tried help with adobe, but they simply will not help clients of legacy box versions at all.

Is there a way for me to still activate it?
Or was it money thrown to thrash?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try connecting by a secure Chat with Adobe once again. This time insist that you only want your "Activation count reset"- nothing else.

Be signed in to your account, and Web Browser needs to allow cookies.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

(If the chat window does not work, use a different computer, smartphone, or tablet to begin the interaction.)

There are several advantages to beginning a secure chat session. If you have an account-related question, that information will already be on the screen when you speak to someone via a chat interaction.

The automated system can understand many common questions and provide a personalized solution. If it is unable to do so, then the information about your concern is passed on to a 'human' person.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My chat continues to be like that:
"Support is no longer available for your product version. Phone and chat support is not available for free or discontinued software or services. You are welcome to visit our Community Support Forum: ..."
Of course it is a response by a human person, bot cannot help as it is a Lightroom 6 problem not CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Dariusz0D45,

In the online Chat box, type AGENT followed by Enter key wait for a human.  While it's true Adobe support can't help you with a discontinued product, they will reset the activation count if needed.  But that's ALL they can do.  If the agent gives you a hard time, ask for a supervisor.

Alternatively, you may contact support by phone, M-F during normal business hours.  DO NOT ask for anything except an activation count reset.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines