Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 no longer works after system board change

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I suspect this problem has been solved before but my understanding is that it requried adobe support, and yet adobe support (chat channel) has punted to the support community:

After a my computer received a new system board, Lightroom 6 won't run anymore.  I'm hopeful that I no further description is necessary as I see posts on this topic that describe the use of a hardware signature that breaks when one gets a new system board.  

How can this be resolved if the support team is unable to solve it?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

bzzt

the answer is to be more persistent with Adobe support and they walk you through the process of re-activating.  no re-install required 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried anything yet, as I'm still trying to learn what the real issue is, and I'm not fond of trial and error especially if there is a simple and trival motion at Adobe that can correct the problem. my install has been an upgrade upon upgrade all the way from version 4, and I don't see a reason to take the risks of such heroics if there is a simplier solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>my install has been an upgrade upon upgrade all the way from version 4

The only difference between full versions and upgrades is the serial number. Thus, when you have multiple versions installed which you have progressively upgraded over a period of time, all that's required is to re-install the latest version you own - in your case just version 6 - no need to worry about any earlier versions. Although it may seem quite drastic, I view reinstalling as routine if I hit issues such as yours.

After reinstalling an upgrade you don't need to have a "full" version already installed. Just enter your version 6 serial number (even if that's an upgrade number) then enter the serial number from an earlier version - such as version 5 - when prompted.

Hard to say what the root cause of your current issue is. However, in your position and as Peru Bob suggests, I would uninstall everything and re-install just version 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly. Have you tried it? Did it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My opening post reflects what happened!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought you meant you'd found that link since this discussion began.

So, if it did not work, try reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bzzt

the answer is to be more persistent with Adobe support and they walk you through the process of re-activating.  no re-install required 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear. Thanks for the follow up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines