• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 Standalone will not start on Windows 10

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Lightroom for the first time. Got the standalone version on disc (not interested in a subscription). I installed it on my Windows 10 machine. No apparent problems with the install (I checked the install log and it reported no errors). But when I double click on the shortcut (or open the .exe directly from the folder), nothing happens. No splash screen even. So far as I can tell, the program doesn't even pop up on the Task Manager.

Searched the forums for answers.

I upgraded the App Manager to Adobe CC. Signed out and back in. No help.

I changed the names of the cache folders. No help.

I installed the 6.1.1 patch. No help.

Rebooted a few times after each of those things. No help.

Basically Lightroom exists only as an icon on my desktop. Any other ideas? Uninstall and reinstall? Will call Adobe in the morning but figured I'd check here first.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Try these steps and see if it helps to get your stand alone product working.

Download Lightroom CC trial from: Digital photography software | Download free Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC trial

Follow the steps to convert Lightroom CC to Lightroom 6(stand alone) : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Serialize Lightroom CC trial to activate as Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these steps and see if it helps to get your stand alone product working.

Download Lightroom CC trial from: Digital photography software | Download free Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC trial

Follow the steps to convert Lightroom CC to Lightroom 6(stand alone) : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Serialize Lightroom CC trial to activate as Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This post is much newer than the one responded to but may be the same.

I was working in Lightroon 6, (Stand alone) clicked on "All photographs" and the program crashed.  I didn't notice any messages.

I tryed to restart LR and nothing happened. Tried again, nothing. I then uninstalled & reinstalled, (2x) tried to start and nothing. After reading some other posts I updated my video driver and deleted the lock file (On the cloud which I don't use?) 

Shoud I try to uninstall, install cc trial and then convert?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines