Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC does not start.

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC does not start.

I had LR 5.7 not Cloud, so I installed LR 5 Cloud and had 2 pcs. LR 5 on the machine. Then I got the opportunity to update the LR CC, but it would not start after update, comes a flash then it is gone.

I Rebooting the computer, and deleted LR 5 and uninstalled CC and installed again without help.

What is wrong?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Logging in and out
  • restaring computer
  • deleting files in different folders
  • reinstalling lightroom CC
  • reinstalling the whole Creative cloud package

My solutoion after a week of troubleshooting and problems is this:

Deleting all the files in(not the folder) did it.

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore

Mark that this is just now. I have not tested thoroughly that things work over time. But Lightroom CC finally starts.

Also keep in mind that I have done a lot of stuff before. Including deleting files in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe and same for x86 folder.

And specifically deleting:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache after reading some solution examples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't fair that you should have to go through that.

I depend on LR as a pro photographer and thank goodness it actually works on my main desktop machine (hope I don't speak too soon)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried starting LR5 and Photoshop CC2014 both and still can not get LRCC to load. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have LR5, then click on your name plate where it shows your name (left top, right next to the Lr) and sign out from the drop down menu.

Sign out from the CC app as well. Then start LR CC. It should ask you to log in to continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting Photoshop works fine. But Lightroom still refuses to launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Executing lightroom.exe with administrator rights doesn't solve the issue either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing preference files didn't work as well

(See Preference and other file locations in Lightroom 5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, Lightroom CC does not start on Win7 machine. I have tried the recommendations given here, none of them worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.  Even after I log out >> log in.

I installed the trial version of LR 5 last week.  Installed LRCC today.  LR5 loads fine every time. LRCC will not load at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you go through these steps.  they're solving most problems.

CC applications close immediately after launch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We already had this solution suggestion from

which he describe directly in the post before yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview.

Had Lightroom 5. Upgraded to CC, uninstalled 5. CC does not start.

Suggestions above does not solve the problem.

Photoshop CC works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe live chat.  All of the above did not help my problem, but they were able to direct me to delete or rename a couple of files in the applications folders and then it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to contact Adobe Live. But they refused to help me because I use Windows 10 Technical Preview. They are blaming my choice of OS. But its the same problem as many other people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find a live chat... where did you find the link? In fact I am quite disappointed with Adobe's support (or lack of it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I have tried the logging in and logging out a half dozen times. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom CC twice. I tried to fine the file folders that were supposed to be renamed and I could not find either one. Photoshop CC launches fine.

Worst of all, there is no human being one can reach for technical support from Adobe on weekends. Some of us have to work during the week and do their photography work on weekends. The lack of technical support on weekends is simply unacceptable for a business such as Adobe in this day and age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me worked deleting the com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist file. You will find it here /Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist. Or in Finder via the menu item Go and press the Option key. Than Library etc.

After deleting, restart your Mac and open Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue continues to baffle me.  It still won't launch

• I tried logging out and logging back in
  • I tried logging out only
  • I tried logging out using the LR 5 interface
  • I tried installing LR CC (2015) using the CC Manager
  • I tried using the LR 6 stand-alone installer.

I've tried every suggestion, and I cannot get this app to launch.

My system specs are fine: high-end iMac.  OS 10.10.3.

Trying to give the app a try before I fully dump Aperture. But come on, Adobe. Give me a sign that I shouldn't dump you, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, back dragon, contact Adobe Live Support.  They had me delete or rename a couple of files in the applications folder--sorry can't remember which ones--and it worked when all else failed.  Given the number of problems Adobe experienced with this rollout and the high volume of calls, I was pleasantly surprised that the wait time was only about 1/2 hour and the tech was quick & knowledgable about Mac OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My effort on Windows 8.1:

* I installed LR5 trial version the day before LR CC 2015 was released.

* I upgraded to LR CC 2015 but could not launch it.  Could still launch LR5 trial.

* I uninstalled LR 5

* Multiple efforts at signing out, rebooting, uninstalling LR CC2015, Adobe Cloud, reinstalling same - No Joy

** Note that it still indicated "29 days left in trial" even though it was now 28 days. hmmmm

* Uninstalled LR CC2015 and this time said Remove preferences

* Reinstalled LR CC2015 and signed out of CC as previously noted.

* restart of LR CC2015 now shows me 28 days !  yay!  but still goes away right after I click "Continue Trial"

In the end, I got on the chat with the Adobe Live Support just like suggested and as noted before, had me delete some lingering cache files

in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache and C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore

And we are off and running !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I delete those files, it lets me finally load the program, but calls it a trial version... Is that the same for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it did, but then went to full paid version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem here. My CC table says that Lightroom CC is ok, but does not start: 0,1 sec prompt up and thats all. On icon, only Lightroom is written, not Lightroom CC. I've installed and uninstalled/installed all, but without success. Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes danielm44230858, I deleted some cache files and it's trial now. But on Photoshop, once you press "start trial", it said trial expired, clicked again on Photoshop, opens a window with licence verification, which will reset all programs in Creative Clouds and after everything is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone at Adobe not have told us this when the issue first came up? Why do we have to spend hours of trial and error and forum searching? (thank you by the way!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines