• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC won't open

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see from the forum that this is an issue.  Maybe Adobe will notice and work up some sort of fix.  I was able to download LR CC and it does show up in launchpad and it is on my computer, but when I try to open it, it acts like it is going to open, but then shuts down.  No error message or freezing, etc.  It just shuts down.  Any word from Adobe yet?  Has anyone found a fix for it?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Go to your CC app, go to the top right, left click and check preferences and then sign out, and then sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 163 Replies 163
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I've downloaded the program several times using Creative Cloud. When I try to launch the program, it acts like it is starting but goes away, with no error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai le même problème. Une fois la mise à jour téléchargé, lorsque je clique dessus pour l'ouvrir, la fenêtre commence furtivement à s'ouvrir puis se referme sans message d'erreurs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign in and out worked for me (the second time). Hope it will work for you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried sign out, and sign in from adobe Creative Cloud and didn´t work, and uninstall LR too, and didn´t work.  BUT I found this solution in adobe support link, and FINALLY WORKS!! I followed the steps of this link.

Lightroom doesn't start (Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as well. Lightroom was not showing that I had it installed in the creative cloud app, I read that this is a common problem and that you just need to hit the install button and it treats it as a new install, installing over the previous version. I did that. Now I have two versions on my desktop, but only the older version will open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read somewhere else that if you sign out of the creative cloud app and then sign back in that this would work, tried it and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do yo sign out of CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, figured it out, signed out, signed in and now it works. Thanks, folks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question.  Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your CC app, go to the top right, left click and check preferences and then sign out, and then sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing out of CC also fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CC won't even open up; it does the same thing as Lightroom. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app?

Let me know if you had tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How I can go to Lightroom cc preference  , if I cant open lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the info!  I'm not sure how I was supposed to work out that, having installed Lightroom CC through the CC app, I had to log out of it and back in again to get it to run!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes - let's hope this is a one timer and not the new process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank, Brad.

Signout and signed in and it worked.  However, at first it wanted me to subscribe as tho new user.  Restarted and it is up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here. Running OS X Yosemite 10.10.2. Installed through Creative Cloud. Signing out and back in CC worked for me! Thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logging out of creative cloud and logging back in worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have reinstalled 3 times no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Installed via CreativeCloud, shows as installed but won't start. I have the Lightroom 5 (standalone) installed on teh same computer, it starts without a problem. Adobe, are you listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same problem I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep signed out and back into CC and it now launches fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines