• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC won't open

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see from the forum that this is an issue.  Maybe Adobe will notice and work up some sort of fix.  I was able to download LR CC and it does show up in launchpad and it is on my computer, but when I try to open it, it acts like it is going to open, but then shuts down.  No error message or freezing, etc.  It just shuts down.  Any word from Adobe yet?  Has anyone found a fix for it?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Go to your CC app, go to the top right, left click and check preferences and then sign out, and then sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 163 Replies 163
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the tip with signing out and back in CC. It worked for me (Windows 8.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Still doesn't work, even after I sign out and back in.

Mac 10.10.3 (latest)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with OS 10.9.5. Logging out/in did not correct the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed out and then signed back in and it worked for me on my Mac!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into this issue on latest El Capitan update, not working after sign out/sign in...HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing out and back in doesn't fix LR for me.  Neither does re-installing the app, nor restarting the computer.  I'm running a MAC with Sierra OS.  Starting a chat with Adobe didn't help either.  I need this app!!! I hope Adobe fixes it soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing out of the Adobe CC Manager and signing back in resolved the problem for me as well.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I had the same problem, installed twice, and LR would not start.  As above, logged out of CC (preferences, signout) and logged back in and all works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep - adobe has confirmed this issue now:

CC applications close immediately after launch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the link. It worked for me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip! This got me working on Mac OS X 10.10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm yet another one that can not open Lightroom CC just now.  As always, when prompted by Creative Cloud to install an update, I did so.  Unlike every other time, this install failed to enable LR CC to open after it was downloaded, and launch attempted. I've tried everything I can think of, 1) checked firewall, 2) registry clean up, 3) remove old LR, 4) reinstall LR CC, restart my computer several times (not sure if this qualify as signing off and on again, but I'll give that a try just in case ...)

Seems that this is Adobe's issue. 

Adobe, please fix it or provide a solution ... many customers depend on this software.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have signed out of CC manager and signed back in and it still won't launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried rebooting, signing out and back in, tried to start from the .exe file in explorer. No joy, but strangely updates to Muse and Bridge installed during the same session are working fine.

Wouldn't it be nice if Adobe actually employed some customer support people to solve these issues, instead of taking the cheapskate option and relying on knowledge sharing by their customers for product support? I wonder how a car manufacturer would go delivering service via a user forum??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom cc splash screen comes on for 1/2 second and then no launch. Tried re downloading nada....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved!

I got the same issue: splash screen and then nothing.

Solution:

Sign out from Creative Cloud app and sign back in.

How to sign out from Creative Cloud app?
Click the Creative Cloud app icon, click the gear on the top right corner, and choose Preferences...

Click on Sign Out

Reinstalling Lightroom CC did not work for me.
Rebooting the computer did not help either.

OS X: Yosemite 10.10.3

Thank you!

I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed out and in several times through Preferences in CC and nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with several others, I had the same problem, but after signing out from Creative Cloud and signing back in, Lightroom CC did launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started the CC trial and Lightroom 5 trial 5 days ago.  I installed Lightroom CC this evening.  When I try to open Lightroom CC it flashes the "Trial" screen and nothing else happens. Windows 7.

I have:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, Mac OS 10.9.5. No other problems, LR 5 runs fine. LR CC DOA. I have heard that the standalone installer works - I'm trying that now.

--Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried the stand alone installer. Could somebody kindly link me? The only installer I found forces me to install it using CC Manager. 

-J

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 9:49 PM, Richard Wagner <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the stand alone installer and I still cannot get it to start.

I've also now tried to rename the catalog file, but it doesn't even get that far to try and open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

But the Lightroom Mobile does not seem to work. I can't sync files - no arrow when I hover over a collection, with Lightroom Mobile turned on/activated.

--Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed out of Creative Cloud and restated it and Signed back in and then LR CC (2015) restarted just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines