• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC won't open

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see from the forum that this is an issue.  Maybe Adobe will notice and work up some sort of fix.  I was able to download LR CC and it does show up in launchpad and it is on my computer, but when I try to open it, it acts like it is going to open, but then shuts down.  No error message or freezing, etc.  It just shuts down.  Any word from Adobe yet?  Has anyone found a fix for it?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Go to your CC app, go to the top right, left click and check preferences and then sign out, and then sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 163 Replies 163
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so annoying, This is really adding more stress to my day and I am on a deadline. How can i get LR to work on my mac? I have tried signing out then back in many times and yet it still does not open. This is doing my head in... I expect better from Adobe. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to say the thanks to the community I was able to fix this by doing repair for Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4.

I am concerned that Adobe have had no input or offered help with in this thread and Adobe support is basically non existent. We are all paying top $ for this average app with no support! Adobe would have to be one of the worse programmed programs in the history of computing!

MS Office offers a massive program suite and it cost is about $99 a year and yet Adobe want $600 a year for its mess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2016 Apr 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged out and back in and it still doesn't open? I bought photoshop and lr today... photoshop opens lightroom doen't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2016 Apr 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say, that mine worked and it was a simple fix.  I just turned my computer on and off !!! But I live in fear of it happening again and next time it wont be so simple.  But perhaps the difference between mine and everyone else with Mac's is that I'm not paying the anuual CC subscription.  I'm just using the basic LR???  Hence I couldn't log in or out to try and solve it originally??

I hope this makes sense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Tried logging out and logging back in, still won't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to open lightroom, it keeps asking for a License number. I have tried to log in, log out, downloading creative account again, starting the computer over.  It just won't work.

Does anybody know what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you purchased Creative Cloud subscription ?

If yes , have you installed any other CC apps and is it working fine ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble with the lightroom update through Creative Cloud. Will not download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom cc will still not open for me after signing out and back in. It says it needs to be updated, but when I try to update it says it's open.....but it's not open. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work in Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post started April 2015, how is this still an issue a year and half later?  I am now experiencing the problem and not one of the above noted solutions has worked.  Is there a way to get help from Adobe directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom cc is not working need to be updated, but when I try to update it says it's open.....but it's not open. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the WORST program EVER!!! I don't know how many times I have signed out, signed it, shut my lap top down etc.. and still Lightroom CC fails to open and when it does it takes HOURS!!!  I have been trying to open to get some photos off my card now for over an hour and a half and still it won't open.  ADOBE FIX THIS!!!!!  There are so many photographers out here that rely on this program and to have one as unstable as this is beyond ridicoulous.  #FIXLIGHTROOMCC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked with me the sign out/sign in.  Thanks!  Saved the day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines