lightroom classic on macbook pro ?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the lightroom classic / photoshop ( photographers package ) on my aging Mac.  I can not use the cloud because my internet connection is too weak and expensive to be sending photos to the cloud.   That is why I only use Lightroom Classic.  My old Mac is dying, so I am replacing it with the Apple Macbook Pro, which Costco will ship next week.   Thinking ahead, about loading Classic on the Macbook Pro,  I only see Classic listed under "desktop".  Classic is not listed under mobil.  Does that mean the Macbook Pro will not run Lightroom Classic?  Thanks much.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Classic is not listed under mobil

Mobile is a cell phone or tablet, not a computer

Your old LRClassic may, or may not, run on your new Mac

SOME Adobe programs are compatible with Apple's BS, but they may have issues
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html
https://ymcinema.com/2020/11/15/premiere-pro-and-avid-editors-do-not-upgrade-to-macos-big-sur-yet/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much John.   I have been confused since classic is listed under desktop, and the laptop is not a desk top.  But a laptop  is not a phone either, so I did not know where it falls, under desktop, or mobil.   But as you pointed out, mobile means phone, and a laptop is a computer.  The link you provided assured it will work, because the classic I use, the photographers package, which is a subscription, which gets all the latest updates, so it looks like all is okay.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Desktop" very definitely means all Macs, whether desktops or portables. We don't call them laptops any more, because they get dangerously hot for laps! And, it is definitely not a mobile device, even though you can carry it! Yes, confusing.

But more importantly, on a new Mac you WILL NEED all new apps. Happily the latest Lightroom Classic and Photoshop are compatible with the Big Sur system you will get on a new Mac. Well, more or less compatible. It will be an M1 computer, and there are still plenty of weird and wonderful issues with these brand new toys...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That helps straighten things out. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines