Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic update problems - Error 146

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Getting a bit annoyed!

I received an update notification for Lightroom Classic .... on attempting to instal update I got a failed notification, Error 146, this after 94% of update completed.

Photoshop updated OK..... great!

Now last time an update for Creative Cloud was flagged, I had to eventually contact Adobe and get a remote access repair, this also was after multiple retries.

Now is there a serious problem with updating? I ask myself.......

Anybody got any ideas please, thinking seriously of dumping this editing suite.

Am running Windows 10 (x64)

regards Derek.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020
Hi again, 
I've tried a few things and finally resolved it.....  it is malwarebytes causing problems, so now I know exactly what to do in future....
RegardsDerek

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek, I am sorry that you continue to encounter Error 146. This error occurs because the installation was blocked from writing to a necessary file or folder.  You can find information on how to resolve Error 146 at https://helpx-internal.corp.adobe.com/content/help/en/creative-cloud/kb/Error_Code_146.html.

I would recommend you begin by focusing on solution two and temporarily disabling any installed anti-virus and security software.  If you are then successful, then you will know that these software titles were interfering with the install process.  

It is very likely that the same software interfered with the update process for the Creative Cloud desktop app that you faced in December 2019.  I am showing that you were successful in applying the update after you had downloaded the installation files and applied the update locally.  The fact that this was necessary also points to a misconfiguration of either the security or anti-virus software installed on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sorry for the late response, I did remove Total AV anti virus and disabled Malwarebytes .... then update went OK thanks, I have just received another  failed update notification this morning, so it appears malwarebytes could be the culprit..... I will disable again and try to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, Further to my last post , disabled malwarebytes and attempted twice to update Photoshop but again failed  with error 146.....

beginning to think this will be an ongoing problem and not really worth it, originally all updates went in ok seems last few are giving problems. 

If I want to cancel my subscription how do I proceed please.

Regards

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear that, Derek. You can use the process listed in http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cancel-membership-subscription.html to cancel the membership.

I would encourage you first to work directly with our support team to attempt to resolve Error 146. If you leave it unresolved, then you may find similar problems with other programs being blocked during the install process.  You can begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html for direct assistance with resolving the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, 
I've tried a few things and finally resolved it.....  it is malwarebytes causing problems, so now I know exactly what to do in future....
RegardsDerek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update, Derek.  This isn't the first time that Malwarebytes has been reported to cause problems with the download and install process for Adobe applications.  I would recommend contacting the manufacturer to verify you are using the correct settings to work with Adobe applications.  If they are unable to provide this information, then you may want to look at using a different security software title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines