Highlighted

Lightroom licensing

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this. Here it goes anyway. A year ago, I contacted Adobe sales and purchased - what I was let to be believed - Ligtroom Classic as a onetime fee. Now a year later, I got an e-mail stating that my annual subscription will be renewed. I naturally thought that a price of well over 100 EUR would have been a onetime purchase. So I contacted Adobe sales support to figure out what was going on? They told me that I had purchased the wrong option and this time by paying well over 100€ again, I would get my onetime version. I said sure, let's go ahead, since I hate going through drama and hurt my own feelings more than necessary with all the "if's" and "but's" and "why's"... I just wanted to close and seal the deal and this time around be 100% sure that I actually knew what I was buying. So I asked for a confirmation "Is this the last payment I will ever do for this product?". I got a solid "Yes Sir, no more payments". Something in the back of my head was still a bit hesitant. So I asked a different question, thinking this would actually seal the deal: "When will I be billed next time", to which I got the surprising answer "Next year when you renew your subscription". Very devious and sneaky and I must say that Adobe has some ethical issues to sort out internally within their sales support team. FYI, I have now moved on to a competing software, which I don't like, but feel more comfortable paying since customer support is good. Hence, I would gladly pay for Lightroom if sales support was honest and didn't try to force sales with sneaky tactics.

Topics

Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom licensing

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this. Here it goes anyway. A year ago, I contacted Adobe sales and purchased - what I was let to be believed - Ligtroom Classic as a onetime fee. Now a year later, I got an e-mail stating that my annual subscription will be renewed. I naturally thought that a price of well over 100 EUR would have been a onetime purchase. So I contacted Adobe sales support to figure out what was going on? They told me that I had purchased the wrong option and this time by paying well over 100€ again, I would get my onetime version. I said sure, let's go ahead, since I hate going through drama and hurt my own feelings more than necessary with all the "if's" and "but's" and "why's"... I just wanted to close and seal the deal and this time around be 100% sure that I actually knew what I was buying. So I asked for a confirmation "Is this the last payment I will ever do for this product?". I got a solid "Yes Sir, no more payments". Something in the back of my head was still a bit hesitant. So I asked a different question, thinking this would actually seal the deal: "When will I be billed next time", to which I got the surprising answer "Next year when you renew your subscription". Very devious and sneaky and I must say that Adobe has some ethical issues to sort out internally within their sales support team. FYI, I have now moved on to a competing software, which I don't like, but feel more comfortable paying since customer support is good. Hence, I would gladly pay for Lightroom if sales support was honest and didn't try to force sales with sneaky tactics.

Topics

Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are mistaken.

The only software that Adobe sells currently that is a One Time purchase, Fee, Cost, is the Elements series, PS and Permiere.

All other software is by subscription only.

The Photography plan which includes LR Classic and Photoshop is $9.99 US a month or around $120 for the year. But it is still a subscription that normally is Auto Renewed unless manually Canceled BEFORE the end of the subscription year.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No I am not mistaken, if a sales rep tells me otherwise and we make this understanding into a transaction under those given assumptions. But you are correct in that manner, that I should do my own investigation and not rely on sales persons; that was 100% my mistake.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bo,

As mentioned above, Lightroom has not been on sale for a one-off fee for many years now and can only be bought by subscription. This is what our sales team should have told you last year and again this year.

Do you have any details of these conversations: Case number, email, chat log, even just the time and date?

If so, don't post them on this public forum, but send them in a private message and I'll check with the sales team.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I will look at my old data and message you privately.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines