• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom will not install on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to download Lightroom for a couple of days now and I'm continuing to run into problems. I was sent the Zip files containing everything I need to download lightroom for my class but I'm being told that one of my files, "HDCore.pima", is corrupt. I've been trying to repair this file for some time now with no success so any help would be appreciated.

! C:\Users\amosk\Downloads\LightroomClassic-WIN64.zip: Checksum error in Build\ASU_4.9\packages\ACC\HDCore\HDCore.pima. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\amosk\Downloads\LightroomClassic-WIN64.zip: The archive is corrupt

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who sent you zip files and what are the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My teacher sent me the files to download Lightroom Classic, and some other Adobe apps, from her computer.  It's confusing because I was told the Zip File for Adobe Illustrator was corrupt too but that installed just fine. I'm not the most "techy" guy so i don't know how to copy and paste the names of all the files into a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your teacher should not be sending you files from their computer.  That's a violation of Adobe's policies.

If you want Adobe software, you need a paid Creative Cloud subscription. 

The regular rate is $53/month x 12 months.

Eligible students get 60% off for the first year.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Or if software is supplied by your school, contact your school's IT dept for assistance.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The accounts are paid for, I live in Windsor which just went back into Lockdown, and the programs were all downloaded on school computers. She sent the Zip files so we could download the programs at home since we're not gonna be able to use the school computers for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand.  But I really think you need to contact your school's IT dept.  Ordinarily the school grants you home access by giving you an ID and password to log-in to their Creative Cloud plan. 

From there, you may download & install the apps on your computer. But your school's IT dept must initiate this otherwise it won't work.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines