Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locate application already installed

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all ! 

After a crash of my system SSD, i've bought a new one. 

Creative Cloud was installed on this SSD. 

All my application were on another disk. 

I downloaded Creative Cloud on the new SSD again, changed the location of the installed applications, but CreativeCloud cannot find the already existing applications, and offered to install them again.

I do not know if I'm clear. I hope you can tell me whether or not it is possible to ask CreativeCloud to locate my already installed applications.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about Mac (you should always provide system information) but I do know that in Windows you will need to do a new install, not just expect programs on a different drive to be recognized, since the install process puts program entries in a special registry file to tell Windows where things are located

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's for yr answer John, I'm on Windows sorry for forgetting, alright so I have to reinstall them, fingers crossed that I don't lose my presets etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for forgetting, Windows 10 OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find more information about the System Registry - or any other question about how Windows works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hardware crashes or virus infections or simple software problems happen, so you should buy AND USE software to make a full backup of your hard drive to an external USB hard drive... plus, making step-by-step backups during a new setup or major program addition makes it easy to go back a step if something doesn't work... I have had to do this once when a program install didn't work properly (a different program, not Adobe) and I had to do a restore due to my computer being SO messed up that I couldn't even uninstall the bad program
This backup and then restore is, of course, only to the same computer with a new drive (or the same drive as long as you don't mind writing over everything) since doing a restore to a new computer requires extra steps due to Windows and many programs having activation information that is keyed to your hardware (which is why Windows will force you to RE-Activate if you change very much hardware)
The product I bought and use is at http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-linux.htm
Image runs off of a bootable CD via Linux (the Zip you download includes a program to make the bootable CD) and it reads EVERYTHING on the drive, even the hidden registration information, so everything is restored when needed... and you may not only restore the image over a messed up install, you may restore to a brand new drive in case of a hardware crash, and not have to re-install anything (my version 2x DOES require me to restore to a same size drive... I think the current 3x Image program allows restoring to a larger/smaller drive, but check with the vendor to verify)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines