• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Activation CS3 error [CS3 is dead]

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a legal key for CS3 and after installing and entering the key I see error message -- CS3 needs to connect https://www.adobeereg.com, but it is not available. I tried to delete cache.db file like this instruction CS3 Activation Error - Adobe fix not working , but after deleting cache.db and entering the key again I have the same situation. How can I solve this problem?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

It's now 2020.  As an update to this 2 year old discussion, CS1, CS2 and CS3 are officially dead and the activation servers are gone. 

The opportunity to receive a replacement serial number and activation-free installer ended last year.  After 12+ years, it's no longer possible to re-install CS3.

Creative Suite is no longer legally sold by any vendor, retailer or country.

OPTIONS:
Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CS3 activation server has been retired.

See Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8  for getting a new, non-activation installer and serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arainne91 the registration server, that Creative Suite 3 is trying to connect too, was retired several years ago.  If you click on Never Register then you should be able to still open the application.

If this is not the screen you are seeing then verify you have removed the cache.db file as referenced by John in message #1 of this discussion.

Arainne91, if you continue to encounter errors then please post a screenshot of the current error message.  Information on how to post a screenshot can be found at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download the replacement installer and get a new serial number?  See correct answer below for details.

Re-activating CS3 (Updated)

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help!~  willing to pay $ for help..

i have original adobe cs3 masters collection on cd

Im using windows 10

adobe has instructed for cs3 - the cloud software will not work! so they gave me files to download...

i downloaded files form adobe online as instructed - & it simply does not install or work!

please help... david - Sydney - Australia

<email address removed>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded files form adobe online as instructed

Which link did you download them from exactly?

The official Adobe link: Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was my entry point link...

Obtain a new serial number | CS3, CS4

this link above asked me to type my original cs3 masters cd-serial key

then it took me to a page which told me to DELETE any cs3 adobe software from my pc & restart

then on the same page,

Download replacement CS3 installer:

3 files to download...for WINDOWS

i downloaded ALL of them...

LASTLY:

4 – Install

Do one of the following:

• If the installer launches automatically, follow the onscreen instructions. If asked to install the download manager, click OK.
  • If the installer doesn’t start, wait for all the files to download completely. Then locate the download files, and double-click the .EXE file (Windows) or .DMG file (Mac OS). Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

--------

so i followed this & all i receive is a folder on my desktop names adobe CS3 - but this folder contains no EXECUTABLE fiiles...

im stuck ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option to get a new CS serial number seems to be gone now - the links lead to error 404 etc. So it looks like anyone with legally purchased and functioning copies of Adobe CS3 software can't install it on desktop upgrades. The alternative seems to be c €600 annual subsscription. Not very impressive - one thing not to support older software but to prevent customers using it who've purchased it legally doesn't reflect well on Adobe. I'll be looking for other solutions. But if anyone here has a suggestion as to how bypass the activation they no longer support, I'd be interested to learn of it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to bypass it. 

Beware of anyone contacting you privately claiming to be from Adobe and saying they can sell you an activation or one of the later Creative Suites. None of them are legally for sale now, and you'll either get a registration number that turns out to be invalid, or one of a set of volume licenses that Adobe will eventually catch and deactivate, or a piece of cracked software that is loaded with malware or ransomware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's now 2020.  As an update to this 2 year old discussion, CS1, CS2 and CS3 are officially dead and the activation servers are gone. 

The opportunity to receive a replacement serial number and activation-free installer ended last year.  After 12+ years, it's no longer possible to re-install CS3.

Creative Suite is no longer legally sold by any vendor, retailer or country.

OPTIONS:
Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

===========
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines