Highlighted

(Locked by Mod. OP solve their problem)Poor print quality to laser printer from Adobe applications.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind. I kept messing around and this is a color build issue with the printer. The poor copy occured in Pages with same cmyk build I had been using. Pages black printed great. Using that random build in InDesign was better but not perfect. 

Please delete this if needed.

I am printing to Brother laser printer HL-L8260CDW. Other applications (Word, Text Edit, Pages, printer test page) all print crisp, clear text as expected. InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator all print bitmapped (best word to use at this point) text. You can see jagged edges. I have tried color builds CMYK, RGB, K100, print text as black and print settings of print as image, print as bitmap changing DPI. I changed the font, printed a PDF created by someone else, etc. etc. Exported PDF using Version 1.7 per below.

This is emulations of printer. BR-Script3‡, PCL5c, PCL5e, PCL6 (PCL XL Class 3.0), PDF Version 1.7, XPS Version 1.0

It is not a post-script printer so Acrobat should print fine with PDF exports. The Adobe solution to print as image doesn't help.

Attached image is from inDesign file exported as PDF using High Quality Print preset.

Can anyone help? Please. Thanks.

Jen

Mac OS 10.15.2

Adobe CC all versions current

IMG_5846.jpeg

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

(Locked by Mod. OP solve their problem)Poor print quality to laser printer from Adobe applications.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind. I kept messing around and this is a color build issue with the printer. The poor copy occured in Pages with same cmyk build I had been using. Pages black printed great. Using that random build in InDesign was better but not perfect. 

Please delete this if needed.

I am printing to Brother laser printer HL-L8260CDW. Other applications (Word, Text Edit, Pages, printer test page) all print crisp, clear text as expected. InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator all print bitmapped (best word to use at this point) text. You can see jagged edges. I have tried color builds CMYK, RGB, K100, print text as black and print settings of print as image, print as bitmap changing DPI. I changed the font, printed a PDF created by someone else, etc. etc. Exported PDF using Version 1.7 per below.

This is emulations of printer. BR-Script3‡, PCL5c, PCL5e, PCL6 (PCL XL Class 3.0), PDF Version 1.7, XPS Version 1.0

It is not a post-script printer so Acrobat should print fine with PDF exports. The Adobe solution to print as image doesn't help.

Attached image is from inDesign file exported as PDF using High Quality Print preset.

Can anyone help? Please. Thanks.

Jen

Mac OS 10.15.2

Adobe CC all versions current

IMG_5846.jpeg

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased the same printer model Brother HL-L8260CDW, when I print directly from adobe illustator the resolution and print quality is only good in black, any greyscale or color prints look really bad. I have the same problem as described above. Could anyone help?

Translate

Translate

Adobe Community Professional ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the original post you made this reply to?

It is a Printer problem. Ask your question on the Brother's support forums. Or return that printer and buy something else.

Translate

Translate