• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[LOCKED by Moderator] Creative Cloud keeps updating already updated apps!

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen grab is self-explanatory. Same results for all CC apps.

Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 10.04.51 AM.PNG

If I run update for all apps, next day it will propose all updates again.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Jeff thanks for your support.

Tried your "new local admin account" suggestion, in newly created account all was fine and marked as updated.

So seems I've also solved on main admin account doing the following:

1> from NewLocalAccount copied:

/Users/Test/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.acc.AdobeCreativeCloud.plist

/Users/Test/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.accmac.plist

>and pasted into main account where CC had updates error.

2> from NewLocalAccount copied:

/Users/Test/Library/Application Support/Adobe (en

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Please check By renaming the OOBE Folder and Run the Update agiain..

Rename the OOBE Folder from the different Locations  of your computer

Mac OS: /User/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder  (Rename it to OOBE_OLD)

Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE   (Rename it to OOBE_OLD)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

Thank You

Tejodhar Atreya U

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but suggestion not solved the problem. Still stuck with 13 updates of already updated apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark do you log out and back into the Mac prior to the updates being listed as available again?  Or do they just become available when you sit down to use your computer the next day?  Finally which version of Mac OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, updated all apps then logged out and in but updates are proposed again...

(Mac OS 10.8.4)

Thanks for your time.

–m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark please check your login items to see if you have any system utilities which might be affecting your configuration.  I would also recommend creating a new local administrator account and seeing if you face the same behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff thanks for your support.

Tried your "new local admin account" suggestion, in newly created account all was fine and marked as updated.

So seems I've also solved on main admin account doing the following:

1> from NewLocalAccount copied:

/Users/Test/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.acc.AdobeCreativeCloud.plist

/Users/Test/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.accmac.plist

2> from NewLocalAccount copied:

/Users/Test/Library/Application Support/Adobe (entire folder)

Tried to logout-in-out-in from CC and all apps are indicated as correclty updated.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent Mark.  I would recommend that you also check that you have proper right permissions under your original User account in the following locations:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe

/Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe

You can find details on adjusting file permissions at Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html.  Please make sure to apply the permission change to all enclosed objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue, and was happy to find this thread. I tried your solution but was unable to fix the issue; Permissions checked & correct, and when I made a Test User account and logged in there, I had the same issue; 7 updates for up-to-date CC apps.

CC:  latest versions for CC app itself and all other installed apps, OSX 10.8.4. Tried to update to 10.8.5 just now to see if that would help but the problem persists..

Any other insights are very welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* The last CC update fixed this issue.. All is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem :

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5799826#5799826

And that aren't the only problems i have with that Creative Cloud desktop app :

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5799835#5799835

I just want to use my CC apps, so maybe we could ask Adobe to get rid off that little troublemaker ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem from day one. I've spent major time on the phone with Adobe, and though helpful, it only got corrected/diverted for a short time. I was quickly right back to update after update after update after update after update. I'll freely admit that some of the processes Adobe had me do were beyond my grasp techinially, but we spent a long, long time trying to resolve it and eventually it was just a short-term band-aid. Support was very helpful, patient and willing, but unfortunately, nothing has worked. From logging in as another use, permissions, etc…Nothing. I've noticed folks saying that a CC update fixed the problem; if like me, it won't 'hold.' It's mind-bogglingly frustrating that this can't be resloved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac, and did you update to Mavericks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook Pro, last year … Yessir, updated to Mavericks (10.9)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issue 7 years later!  I've been fighting with so many Adobe bugs lately that I'm out of patience for trying the .plist workaround.  There are so many ways Adobe could store/send redundant checks/logs of what version I'm using, so they should be the ones to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Melanie I suggest you start your own conversation on the exact problem you are having, Now 7 year after this discussion was ended.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines