Highlighted

[Locked] HOW MANY PEOPLE HATE ADOBE NOW? raise your hands

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many of you love all this confusion and new pricing. I have used Adobe products since 1990!!!!  This must be a late April fools joke.

[Edit: a portion of this post was removed. Please do not personally attack anyone, including Adobe employees.]

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
This conversation has been locked.

[Locked] HOW MANY PEOPLE HATE ADOBE NOW? raise your hands

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many of you love all this confusion and new pricing. I have used Adobe products since 1990!!!!  This must be a late April fools joke.

[Edit: a portion of this post was removed. Please do not personally attack anyone, including Adobe employees.]

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really self-destruction decision for Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree,

I think this will give a boost to all the other possible alternatives.

I do hope so, I doubt I will ever use Adobe CC,

The good news is that my CS6 Application do all I need so unless they offer some ground breaking features only available in CC I am happy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to start a "Fcuk You Adobe" thread, but you have already done that....... So done with Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read GIMP isn't a bad alternative...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new year ! New challenges !!

And the same old Haters thread with the same wrong conclusions ("Adobe is a monopoly") and over-repeated advises ("GIMP isn't bad"). Oh wait, here's a new one I came across last week: http://www.polarr.co/ - my New Year's gift for all those Adobe haters and lovers. Try those "fringes", and have fun with this new tool, seriously !

Oops, EDIT: the domain is without the usual "m". I had to correct it... Sorry !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

polarr.com is a parked domain that has no content.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, my bad – corrected the link just now... Try Photo Editor | Polarr.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a hater, my experience since I started with CC has just been bad. None of my other Adobe software purchases prior to Adobe CC were as bad in the first month.

And I think Polarr has the right to start billing a fee at any time, if I read their terms of service correctly...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over here there's a saying: greed rips the sack.

CC has developed in all the wrong ways and for no reason, there's a hundred decent free apps for every Adobe program.

Ink scape being one of the smartest for the common acrobat needs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that Inscape suggestion. I downloaded it and will check it out. It looks like it's a good replacement for Illustrator ( not Acrobat?).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually use it INSTEAD of Acrobat, since it allows you to edit PDF files on the spot.

If you're patient,the story of why I became so annoyed at Acrobat is exactly due to that: I am an architect and was presenting some paperwork for a construction permit. A single number was wrong in my application, and all I had to do was to edit it in the pdf file right on the spot, or come back some other day with a new form. Tried with Acrobat but no, No editing possible in the free app.

Luckily, I was able to DL Ink Scape with my phone connection and fill in the form on the spot. Ciao Adobe!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW:

I just discovered bull zip: a better pdf printer than Acrobat or windows native: it allows bigger and personalized formats, up to A-0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I would have never though Inkscape could edit PDFs. That's a good tip! I've been using BullZip for years and it's a formidable alternative to Acrobat. Glad that permit worked out for you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate the decision, certainly. And I will do everything possible to make them change their mind. Of course, that simply means voting with my wallet and not paying for CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't hate Adobe. I just simply lost all the trust I had for the company.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy Bay wrote:

. I just simply lost all the trust I had for the company.

Isn't that the truth. To also think of all the excitement and goodwill Adobe earned from new users who "switched" during the Final Cut debacle completely evaporated once they discovered  that Adobe had their own debacle waiting in the wings for them with a subscription service.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danielle Fry of Positive Impact Partners will be out of the office until

August 19, 2013. If you need something urgently, please call 201-939-8601

and ask for assistance. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy Bay schrieb:

I don't hate Adobe. I just simply lost all the trust I had for the company.

I agree.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate the decision and will personally help rewrite GIMP/some other open source program before I subscribe to CC, same thing with MS Office... though I got tricked into buying that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I cant get the next version on disc's like normal I am out. This might work for people in the USA and UK but in Africa no go. Look what happened to Final cut when they did not listen to the customer. AVID is starting to look good again. ADOBE wake up. I have had CS4, CS5, CS5.5 and CS6 how can you do this!

Darren

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darren expressed his need for discs. Here you go:

Need a Creative Cloud Disc/DVD, Backup, or Offline CC Installers?

How to Get a Creative Cloud DVD, Backup, or Offline CC Installers | ProDesignTools

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines