• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Using Adobe Apps Offline. - How Do I Get Rid of Sign In Whenever I Use an Adobe App?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe software for the last 25 years. I want to use my Adobe photography Apps whilst offline. I don't want nor need to be logged in whilst i edit my photos. I also don't need nor want Adobe CC tracking and having access to my web searches nor my private computer information via cookies etc.

I pay for my account i want to be able to use my apps privately.

How do i disable the Sign In please?

(PS And yes i have already unticked the "Launch at Login" under Preferences & yes i have also unticked the Creative Cloud Sync under Preferences & yes my account is up to date.)

Thanks.

PS If there is no solution to this (as i have read other people with similar issues) then i will be stopping my account once expired and looking for other editing tools.

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

you need to sign in, at least, once every 30 days (if you have a monthly pay subscription, or once every 100 days (or so) if you pay once per year.

after initially signing in to your cc app and opening your adobe apps, simply leave them open and you won't be nagged by prompts to re-sign in even if you use more than 2 computers with your adobe apps.

if you only use your adobe apps on one or two computers you shouldn't be prompted to sign in (unless you're signing-out or being signed-out).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to sign in, at least, once every 30 days (if you have a monthly pay subscription, or once every 100 days (or so) if you pay once per year.

after initially signing in to your cc app and opening your adobe apps, simply leave them open and you won't be nagged by prompts to re-sign in even if you use more than 2 computers with your adobe apps.

if you only use your adobe apps on one or two computers you shouldn't be prompted to sign in (unless you're signing-out or being signed-out).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. My point is i DO want to sign out. There is no need to be signed in whilst using my Apps? How do i stay signed out and can still use my Apps? Everytime i try open Bridge for example, the Sign In page pops up wanting me to sign in. I've just updated Lightroom, Bridge & Photoshop. This was not happening before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This means i always can only use Adobe whilst online. This is not acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a Photography Plan Subscription or any other subscription like the Full Apps plan you must Always Be Signed In to use them when your computer is Online or Off line. You still need to be Signed In.

If you manually Sign Out that Stops the apps from running. They must be able to check the subscription status, Active or Deactivated. Once that happens, the check and the status of Activated, Valid, you can then go Off Line for a period of time (which is different for monthy paid subscriptions and one time Yearly paid subscription) but you can NOT Sign Out of the programs or the Creative Cloud desktop app. That will Reset the subscription license file stored on your computer which will Force a Recheck of the subscription status.

AFAIK Adobe does Not Track your Adobe Program use, your Browser history or anything else. It just checks your Adobe Subscripotion Status to se if you do have a Valid, Active, Paid Up, Subscription.

If by chance you are NOT manuall Signing out and you are not able to use the apps when your computer is Off Line then you have a problem with the subscription license file. This could be caused by something you did on your computer or a problem with the permissions for the folder the license file is stored in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there not an option to Sign Out and use the Apps offline? That is Not okay. It is easy enough for Adobe to deactivate an account when the time is up on your end. And if there is concern about the computer over extending the paid date once signed out, then an inbuilt clock could be installed into the software if that was the genuine reason. Just like the way antivirus software operates, This smells of something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off line is Off Line. IE No data coming in or going out. So why would you need to Sign Out of something that can not communicate with the outside world?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well my question too is why do i need to be signed in when offline? Programs can still track computer usage in the background and store info whilst offline and then transfer that info once logged back in. I am an ex programmer too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realise you didn't do the programming and you're just trying to help and you are not responsible for Adobe's sly treatment of its customers. Adobe being honest with your customers is the better way to go. Please pass this on to the upper levels of Adobe. This is not just my issue as i said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And one last thing, I have been caught out in remote places for work where there was no internet connection and couldn't use my paid Adobe software because i wasn't able to log in. I paid for it i should be able to use it for that period without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And one last thing, I have been caught out in remote places for work where there was no internet connection and couldn't use my paid Adobe software because i wasn't able to log in. I paid for it i should be able to use it for that period without issues.

And you still can IF You Do NOT Sign Out.

I'm done. Best of luck to you in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether Signed In or Signed Out any program writer can still have a system to collect usage data and wait for you to go back Online to Upload it to wherever they want.

If you are that paranoid I suggest you get rid of all your electronic devices and go back to Film/enlarger, paper and pen/pencil/typewriter/carbon paper.

Gee's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Listen you don't know my work. I suggest you be careful of how you deal with customers. There are certain reasons why some people might need to be careful of their data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This conversation has been saved and will be pursued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This conversation has been saved and will be pursued.

I am not an Adobe employee, have no connection to Adobe other than being an Adobe Community Professional, which I dio not get paid for, I am a user just like you.

Pursue what you like.

As I said before I wish you all the luck in the world for the future. Have a great day, week, month, life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if that's the case, firstly i appreciate your time, but you also then do not need to be an apologist for bad privacy issues by Adobe. Journalists, human rights activists, etc etc need to be careful of privacy issues. Across all platforms. Adobe never used to require being signed in permanently (I have been using Adobe since Photoshop 4). No other software that i use does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some background reading for you that you might find helpful for where the future is going re online privacy...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation

As i said i appreciate your time, especially considering you're not being paid,  but as a suggestion for yourself... keep away from defending bad company policies. Have a good day too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not just my problem. I have googled this issue and seen going back to at least 2013 many many people have had this query and problem. All Adobe is doing is creating dissatisfied customers. For what? Like i said if i can't operate without signing out then i will not continue using this software once expired and look for alternatives. I teach many students for different schools too and this is not a good look on Adobes part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read your system requirements. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Internet is required for you to sign-in, download/update apps and access online services.   And there is no way to skirt around the sign-in procedure on individual accounts.  However once signed-in, there is nothing precluding you from working offline.  So I'm not entirely sure what the problem is.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem when using my subscription apps.  I use a variety of the adobe subscription products and am constantly having to log-in to used an application.  Do do not ever manually log out but I still randomly have to log in to use an app.  Sometimes this happens when I am working without an internet connect which prevents me from doing my job.  In one thread there was a mention of a problem on my machine that causes the log in to be canceled.  If this is the case where do I look to change the permssions so that I am always logged in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I have the same problem"

No, you have an entirely different issue.

Creative Cloud signs you out or asks you to sign in repeatedly

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/troubleshoot-creative-cloud-sign-out-sign-in.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines