• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Where do I download discontinued Fireworks?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I download fireworks on it's own?  If so what sort of licence will it have and where can I do this please?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Purchase CS6 products:

----------------------

http://www.adobe.com/products/cs6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

I contacted Adobe and was able get Fireworks by opening the Adobe CC panel from the Adobe CC icon in the header of my Mac. Then I had to clik the cog icon and open a setting panel. In that panel, there is a Apps tab and in that there is a setting for Show Older Apps. After clicking that, Fireworks shows up in the list of apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

I checked and I still see it is available. I couldn't remember exactly and it took some clicking around to find it. I hope it helps.

2020-01-29_12-45-29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchase CS6 products:

----------------------

http://www.adobe.com/products/cs6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ned.  Are you saying that I can not get Fireworks on it's own?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can find the download for Fireworks, I'll pay you. I've just got a new laptop and am trying to install it - it seems that Adobe have decided to just remove any link to download it.

So much for "caring about their users". Dictatorship overrules paying public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to look all over the site for the link to download a free trial of Fireworks.

What ended up working was going to the search box and typing fireworks there - it was the only hyperlink I was able to detect.

Here is the link:  https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/fireworks?version=12.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much man!

It is not cool that they hide fireworks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I realize it is not being supported anymore, but it still works and serves my purposes. Appreciate the link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi!i really appreciate that!

i had found the link whole night!

谢谢!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking this for a long time. Thanks man! They should add this link at main page or download section. There is no Fireworks icon.
John Tasmaznadrukiem.com.pl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Longer Available

Too bad, it works better than many other tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe and was able get Fireworks by opening the Adobe CC panel from the Adobe CC icon in the header of my Mac. Then I had to clik the cog icon and open a setting panel. In that panel, there is a Apps tab and in that there is a setting for Show Older Apps. After clicking that, Fireworks shows up in the list of apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This no longer seems to work — at least there is no Show Older Apps option in my MacOS CC app.
Has something changed between December 28 and January 28?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked and I still see it is available. I couldn't remember exactly and it took some clicking around to find it. I hope it helps.

2020-01-29_12-45-29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. The option for "show older apps" is there, but it´s not showing up Fireworks. I tried quitting and opening again the app and nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

End of Life products like Fireworks and Muse are only available to paid Creative Cloud All Apps plan members.   If you have any other type of plan, it's not available.  And it goes without saying that you need an older operating system, too.  Fireworks was discontinued in 2012. 

Discontinued ProductsDiscontinued Products

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Nancy, can you communicate to Adobe that we need, want and will pay for fast products that work, rather than making more products that 4 flavors of a product you already have.  Stuff that Fireworks did/does is useful.  For example: I have MSWord, GoogleDocs, etc. and I still have the need for Notepad.  It's small, fast and does what it does very well.  No education modules need to be added to it. 

So, please - tell Adobe, the weakest link in the Adobe family of products is support and listening.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Suffice it to say that modern users want apps that work on modern devices (mobile, tablet & desktop). Fireworks has been discontinued for 8 years.  It's no longer on Adobe's or anybody else's radar.  

With respect to current products that are in active development, feel free to submit feature requests where the concerned teams will see them. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeap - this worked for me so thanks for this! Fireworks is still a great program. I'm on a PC - clicked on my Creative Cloud Desktop and clicked the Cog for settings at the top right. Then clicked Apps in the left navigation and under Settings there I switched on Show Older Apps. And I can now see and am installing Fireworks! Hoorah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines