• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Why is Captivate not part of Creative Cloud?

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Adobe Captivate not part of Creative Cloud?

It seems it would be a great addition to workflows that require screen capture + publishing. As a creative, I often need to integrate screen capture videos in projects such as trailers, web site or application videos, or simply product presentation. Unless explained, I just don't see why it's not part of the Cloud package...  Now I have to consider buying Camtasia or using crappy freewares...

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Captivate is convenient  to use for e-Learning projects but it's not the only tool available to us.  As Full Creative Cloud Plan members, we have access to all the products we need to create rich multi-media and e-Learning content providing we have the coding skills and know-how for it.

If Adobe wants to keep Captivate (formerly called e-Learning Suite) as a separate product offering, that's their prerogative.  There may well be contractual / legal reasons for this that we as product users kno

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add your vote (and any comments) to this Idea to have Captivate included: http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1786.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did, but that still didn't answer WHY is Captivate not actually part of the Creative Cloud selection. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know why. I have asked anyone who wants Captivate to be included to vote for the Idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want it too! Has anyone an alternative as long as it is not available in the CC???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a software called Camtasia that has a free trial http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia-2gslp.html?gclid=CP2_wbu_ubUCFWamPAodg2oApA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm going to look into it as well..  If Captivate is not part of our monthly or annual program.  AS a tribe we are shelling out $839 a year  in software (per year) . Captivate seems to be  a one time charge (with or without updates)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... And please, please don't forget to hit home the point by telling the Adobe Features team as well (as Adobe are a bit reluctant to follow the Forums, probably on the basis of 'see no evil, hear no evil...). You can drop them a line here Feature Request/Bug Report Form. If anyone from Adobe is actually following this thread, it would be so simple for you to tick off on a to do list and make Adobe customers feel a bit valued.

Regards,

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, but there isn't a section for CC on its own

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another free one you get 10 minutes of video http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18974

I was also told Camstudio does well http://camstudio.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link is restricted and I am unable to cast my vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2016 Aug 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like Adobe Premiere but there is not point to buy the software if it doesn't have screen capture. It's a valuable tool for any editor.  I'm trying  out the software but it's really useless to me without the capture. When I'm practicing I like to  use on screen content because I don't want to waste money on stock footage for a simple exercise. Not sure it's available in the full version but if it isn't you guys should really include it .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! We've had a CC subscription for over two years but without a screen capture tool we'll have to start looking for a different suite of tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, count my vote in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to log on to suggest this as well. Even though I am noticing this a few years later, it will still be more helpful than ever to have Captivate included in the Creative Cloud suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Referring the community to this link makes sense because that is the only thing you can suggest for us to do.  Knowing the community would have wanted the product included in their subscription in the first place and instead,  making us have to vote does not. To make things easier in the future just know we want all developed apps included in our subscription.  Even if that means some premium tier plan that costs a bit more monthly...  voting is just silly.  Voting still hasn't brought a simple spell checker to Adobe Story. Good thing you guys legitimately happen to be one of the best companies ever or this stuff would really haunt you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate is convenient  to use for e-Learning projects but it's not the only tool available to us.  As Full Creative Cloud Plan members, we have access to all the products we need to create rich multi-media and e-Learning content providing we have the coding skills and know-how for it.

If Adobe wants to keep Captivate (formerly called e-Learning Suite) as a separate product offering, that's their prerogative.  There may well be contractual / legal reasons for this that we as product users know nothing about.   In short, it's not our decision to make.

Finally, I think this thread from 2012 has run its course.  I am locking it from further posts.  If someone has  compelling reasons for unlocking it, please private message me.

Happy 2018!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They get more money if it's not. I couldn't agree more strongly with the fact that it BELONGS there. I strongly dislike Adobe's ethics, but prefer Captivate, so am stuck paying them. The price for teaching, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voting for this is dumb its obvious they are trying to take more of your money by not adding something so essential to a product you are already paying for. Adobe has been robbing artists since they started the creative cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum links no longer work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to go vote but it says access is restricted.

I too would like captivate to be part of CC.

Rochelle Jean-Jacques

Artistic Director, Sunword Studios

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

This link is active and you can add your request to add Captivate to the cloud here. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for a working link! I have submitted multiple Feature Requests under Captivate, Presenter, and the eLearning Suite.

I know it's probably a drop in an ocean of Feature Requests, but at least I made my voice heard .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link doesn't work.  Why are there no updates after TWO YEARS?!  I didn't even hear about this product until now.  Is it possible it's being phased out?  Why not use Edge Animate to create interactive HTML quizzes?   I see there is a $ 20 per month subscription option.   Why the separate monthly fee?  Why not include it in the Creative Cloud?    Of all the posts I've read, NOT ONE person from Adobe has given a straight forward answer to this question.  Maybe the answer is, GREED. LOL    Personally if you're not going to include it in the Cloud then phase  it out and just give us a good capture utility.    

,Ricky 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE add CAPTIVATE to the CLOUD! Come on! How many more people have to say something? First post was in 2012, it is now 2015. Of course, if it will make the price go up – never mind. Maybe you can let us choose to get rid of another program in place of it – the pick and choose CLOUD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines