• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Why is Captivate not part of Creative Cloud?

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Adobe Captivate not part of Creative Cloud?

It seems it would be a great addition to workflows that require screen capture + publishing. As a creative, I often need to integrate screen capture videos in projects such as trailers, web site or application videos, or simply product presentation. Unless explained, I just don't see why it's not part of the Cloud package...  Now I have to consider buying Camtasia or using crappy freewares...

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Captivate is convenient  to use for e-Learning projects but it's not the only tool available to us.  As Full Creative Cloud Plan members, we have access to all the products we need to create rich multi-media and e-Learning content providing we have the coding skills and know-how for it.

If Adobe wants to keep Captivate (formerly called e-Learning Suite) as a separate product offering, that's their prerogative.  There may well be contractual / legal reasons for this that we as product users kno

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
Explorer ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like Captivate to be part of Creative Cloud. I was unable to access the link provided above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link is broken. I'm  perplexed that as a member of the Adobe staff, you can not answer the question. You should atleast be able to find out internally and then share?? Otherwise everyone is just left frustrated by Adobe... again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I vote to have Captivate added to the CC Subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to the voting site?  Corel's video software has screen capture built right in, why can't Premiere add such a simple feature? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link no longer works. It is now about 4 years since this forum began and still not Captivate in Adobe CC. What is happening with it?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't access vote.

Yep, add it to CC and you prevent that I buy other professional but less expensive screen recording software.

Probably too late for me 😉 But it worked for Acrobat Pro, left Nitro once swallowed the bitter CC pill. Why do we beg? CC is most expensive app subscription beside overpriced CRMs, especially for non full-time graphic designers.

Captivate in itself is nice, but I tempt to prepare content series and mock-up by other means. Especially as my web preproduction runs outside Adobe.

PS: the bitter pill makes great fun once digested, PS and AI addicted since 1991.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cannot add my vote as that forum link is restricted!! Personally, I think Captivate would make a very valuable addition to Creative Cloud it would make CC much more rounded and truly provide a complete solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO Vote, Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on that link I get a msg stating that it is an "unauthorized" page. If there is a place to vote on whether Adobe should include Captivate in the Creative Cloud, I would like to cast mine. I am super disappointed that this is not included in the Adobe Creative Cloud package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click the link, I just get an "Unauthorized" message even though I am logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This url seems to have been blocked. Is there another way to send it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried, Unathorized now. I think for the money they charge for the whole package, they could add it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus, with Manga Studio and Affinity, they should start getting nervous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question. I logged in today assuming I could just download Captivate, and it's not on Creative Cloud. It should very much be a part of the  Creative Cloud Package. Please Adobe - add Captivate to Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, Captivate should be included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, very annoying that it isn't part of the package, c'mon Adobe! I would love to be able to capture/film my designing in CS for use in After Effects / Premiere Pro. (Sigh!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sad part about this is, the original question was asked almost two years ago!

Everyone agrees that Captivate should be included in the creative Creative Cloud package; it should never have been left out!

It speaks volumes (poorly) that Adobe hasn't put it in the package yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES, YES, YES, I wholeheartedly agree, Captivate should be part of the Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe would undoubtedly raise the cost of CC if it included Captivate.  Since most people don't create elearning materials, I doubt they'd be happy about the addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most People maybe do not use all the other Applications inside CC either, but for those you do the CC is highly valuable so I would think the same could be argued for also the Captive Application - I definitely would value it. Also, I think maybe we should let it be left to Adobe themselves to suggest any prize rise to their various packages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then I realise that my Reply to an input made 2 years ago does not come right after that Reply but 2 pages 'later' - and that I cannot delete my Reply to fix my 'mistake'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of what makes the cloud package so useful is that most of the programs are there and even though you may only regularly use 5 of them, the others are there when you need them.   As a former Master Collection customer and knowing many others that were also, none of us used all the applications in the master collection regularly.  But we all often enough ended up using them all for something. Leaving out Captivate seems to go against all the positives Adobe created by deciding to put most of it together in a single package for everyone.  Back when certain packages were only available, everyone often ran into things they couldn't do because they didn't have the right software.  The Cloud has been amazing for fixing that.

What the cloud is to Adobe is an assurance of a regular income stream.  That is the benefit they get for subsription services over purchasing a one time version that can be used for as many years as the client chooses.  That's what makes the current price and package possible for Adobe and us.

Instead of leaving it out of the package, they could include it, and simply keep offering it seperately as well like they do for photoshop or Indesign...for those people that will never use anything else. Don't hold back those that will use the cloud and that are willing to pay the little bit extra for the entire Cloud package.

I vote they include it as soon as possible.  I have a need for it today.  Had a need for it last month, and yet I don't create Elearning videos and I probably won't need it for another month or more.  But just like the Elearning creative folks don't use some of the items I use everyday, neither of us should be excluded from the possibility of using a piece of software since we all have the great Adobe Cloud subscription. 

I like being able to tell people how great the Adobe Cloud subscription is.  I would like to keep doing so.   Add Captivate to the cloud...keep us captivated Adobe, and further take over the creative software market by doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more! Adobe always go on about how much they enhance our creativity, but moves like this only stifle it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to add my vote, but the link doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to have captivate included in CC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines