• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Why is Captivate not part of Creative Cloud?

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Adobe Captivate not part of Creative Cloud?

It seems it would be a great addition to workflows that require screen capture + publishing. As a creative, I often need to integrate screen capture videos in projects such as trailers, web site or application videos, or simply product presentation. Unless explained, I just don't see why it's not part of the Cloud package...  Now I have to consider buying Camtasia or using crappy freewares...

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Captivate is convenient  to use for e-Learning projects but it's not the only tool available to us.  As Full Creative Cloud Plan members, we have access to all the products we need to create rich multi-media and e-Learning content providing we have the coding skills and know-how for it.

If Adobe wants to keep Captivate (formerly called e-Learning Suite) as a separate product offering, that's their prerogative.  There may well be contractual / legal reasons for this that we as product users kno

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
Participant ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need captivate, and I would pay 5 € more for the CC subscription to have it all the time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see Captivate and Presenter added... Or more importantly, a CC eLearning Suite implemented. It's very annoying that Adobe has chosen to ignore an entire division of professionals by not providing us with a viable solution within the Creative Cloud environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not necessarily need to create learning materials but would love the capture functionality.  I have the CC subscription and wish Captivate or a screen capture was included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Have to agree with all the above. I just purchased a year's subscription to Adobe Cloud and was quite let down that Captivate was not part of the package. As the budget is blown I will have to look at another angle as can't afford the $600 to get it. Also, with video and sound editing and script tool as part of the cloud, why isn't this part of the package. Insane!    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  Please post captivate to the Adobe Cloud as an option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have my vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please include!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!! WHY??? WHY HAS ADOBE CAPTIVATE NOT BEEN INCLUDED????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am with Thomas_Kennedy and the rest of you on this topic!! I pay $54 (that includes tax) a month for Adobe Creative Cloud even though I own Creative Suite /CS6 and I have been wondering the same thing!!

WHY... OH WHY... has Adobe NOT included Captivate in the Creative Cloud Suite?????  I see that Premiere is now a feature, but NOT Captivate?? AND... there is a $29.00 charge to sign up to get Captivate Cloud... why is this separate??

I LOVE all of the features CC offers, but not having the eLearning tools is driving me nuts!! I am having to use other programs and brands when I would LOVE to use Adobe for everything I do. I have been asking this question from the VERY beginning when Creative Cloud was first launched and I hopped on board.

ADOBE.... are you listening to your loyal customers????  We are having to use other (less expensive) options.... wouldn't you rather us choose YOU over some other brand???  We are waiting....

Note to ADOBE: We have invested in you, now please invest in us and add a few extra features to Adobe Creative Cloud Suite!! Don't make us pay an extra 29.00 for ONE program...pretty please...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you listening to your loyal customers????  We are having to use other (less expensive) options.... wouldn't you rather us choose YOU over some other brand???

Note to ADOBE: We have invested in you, now please invest in us and add a few extra features to Adobe Creative Cloud Suite!! Don't make us pay an extra 29.00 for ONE program...pretty please...

Logical mismatches found in the phrases Adobe "listening to your loyal customers" and "please invest in us"...

After Adobe's response to Acrobat DC debacle and the 2015 updates across the board, it seems customer satisfaction is low on their priority list compared with harvesting profits from their indentured subscription members...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately, it does look like customer satisfaction is currently quite low on adobe's list of priorities 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenflow is free! Adobe [Profanity removed by moderator] should you have to pay AGAIN!! its no wonder why so many choose to hack software as they just dont look after you on so many levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

count my vote for including Captivate in Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also vote for it to be included- seems silly for it not to be and I will not be buying/subscribing to additional products outside of the creative cloud just for screen capture. There are alternatives- but I would prefer to have my workflow remain fully covered by Adobe CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Jakecento     by the way quicktime can screen capture on macs if you have it.... good for converting a prezi into a video quality not awesome and yes i would look to adobe first but im not spending any more on subs   x  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

odd that it is not a part of CC. i would like it to be.

why pay monthly, if you can't use all of the apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add my vote for including Captivate in the CC subscription. Given then number of apps that are included that I will never use, it seems like a reasonable inclusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add my vote too - this is an important app and should be part of CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COUNT MY VOTE IN! - It's a HUGE app for all people in the media industry.. our commitment with ADOBE CC's annual payments should allow us to use this app. I might as well be on FCP X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not renew my Adobe Cloud subscription.  The reason was - it contained many applications that I do not use.  Perhaps they can have another suite which allows you to pick the applications that work best for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We get plenty of marketing emails from Adobe saying how we can be so much more creative with their software, but Im not really feeling the love.. In fact the trend I am seeing now and shifting to is with heaps of other great, up to date software from other companies and creatives who are just nailing it with their user experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I to assume, that since request is 4-years-old, that Adobe is not taking notice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I think it's safe to say Adobe are happy to have subscribers pay twice for certain bits of software. I'm fast losing the will to do so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep this needs to added - otherwise what use is the cloud as a one stop shop?

This has gone of years - explain why not or do it.

In the meantime I'm using other free software - the cost of using captivate cloud for occasional use is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines