• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Why is Captivate not part of Creative Cloud?

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Adobe Captivate not part of Creative Cloud?

It seems it would be a great addition to workflows that require screen capture + publishing. As a creative, I often need to integrate screen capture videos in projects such as trailers, web site or application videos, or simply product presentation. Unless explained, I just don't see why it's not part of the Cloud package...  Now I have to consider buying Camtasia or using crappy freewares...

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Captivate is convenient  to use for e-Learning projects but it's not the only tool available to us.  As Full Creative Cloud Plan members, we have access to all the products we need to create rich multi-media and e-Learning content providing we have the coding skills and know-how for it.

If Adobe wants to keep Captivate (formerly called e-Learning Suite) as a separate product offering, that's their prerogative.  There may well be contractual / legal reasons for this that we as product users kno

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant believe adobe captivate is still not included in the adobe cloud...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good folks at Adobe,

I would leave Articulate in a HEARTBEAT if you added Captivate to the Creative Cloud. I'm sure there is a whole world full of Instructional Designers that feel the same way.

As of now, I pay you $120/year for Photoshop only, but I'd really love to subscribe to Creative Cloud, if you included an eLearning platform. I'd gladly pay the $600 (or even more, really) annually from now until doomsday if I could fill all of my eLearning needs with one Adobe CC subscription. Think about it.

Love,

~ J.T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count my vote. This absolutely should be in,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate should be part of CC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Was surprised to learn today that Captivate was not included in our Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's included and not included in the Cloud seems to surprise many people although I'm not sure why. Inclusions are clearly displayed on Adobe's website

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop apps | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 3 or 4 apps from my Creative Cloud subscription, all the rest are just there, unused, untouched...

I would trade all the apps I don't use on my Creative Cloud subscription to have Captivate amongst the 3 or 4 that I use.

No point on having so much stuff I don't need and not having one that would be a 4th gem on my Creative Cloud Arsenal.

Just saying... I hate to admit that I'm pulling my hair out trying not to renew camtasia right now.

I Love Adobe Creative Cloud, I hate not being able to choose the stuff I need and delete the one that I don´t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really think it sucks that Adobe haven't already done this, it's been a howling oversite for years, as it stands at present there are far too many bugs in CC software creeping through, Adobe decided to make their products a SAAS model, right now they are failing us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To pay as much as we're paying for a subscription to Creative Cloud and not have access to all of the Adobe programs like Captivate is a ripoff.

I need a few of the Adobe programs so I will keep subscribing, but I won't pay them any extra for screen capture software. I need it so I'll buy it from another company.

I'd like to migrate out of Adobe CC but will have to check out the competition first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what many people forget is that Captivate isn't just screen capture software, it's a whole e-learning tool.  And e-learning is a niche space that most Creative Cloud users don't need.   Using Captivate just for simple screen captures would be like swatting flies with a sledgehammer. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not forgetting that, but thanks for thinking of it. I don't need simple screen capture,  need an e-learning tool, will not be paying Adobe more money as it feels like we're way into in ripoff territory now. Will buy something different and make it work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is missing a real trick here, there could be thousands of Tutorials being produced by hands-on users, they could make this a real major feature of being a CC member even entice users to try their hand at making them, with a year's CC as a reward!

I am shocked that the normally shark sharp Marketing department hasn't thought of this!

Come on Adobe WAKE UP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same can be said for every other Adobe product.  Why have Premiere in CC when not every one edits video.  You can crop photos in Photoshop, how someone uses the tool really doesn't matter.  Having a suite that includes every other product a company makes and only excluding one really doesn't make any sense and given the promise that Creative Cloud is

The world-class design tools in Creative Cloud give you everything you need to make anything you can dream up

is a shame.  This thread has been open now for 3 years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please  wrote

Having a suite that includes every other product a company makes and only excluding one really doesn't make any sense.

I don't know where you got that idea.   When I joined CC in 2012, it contained approx 17 of the most popular products plus a few mobile apps & other services.   As of today, it contains about 22 products + other apps & services.  But its by no means inclusive of EVERYTHING Adobe makes. 

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I tried clicking your link to upvote including Captivate in the suite. (who thought it was a good idea to not include it? )
But it's saying I'm not authorized to view your thread.  I'm a paid up member of the Creative Cloud suite, so whats the deal?

Anyway - Upvote!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem on another topic - yet another Adobe bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strikes me as a moderator setting up a voting system to address the question on the forum.  As soon as there were notable results it would have been taken to management for advice.  Now it's disappeared with a standard system message replacing it? I doubt that's a bug. Sigh.

Good Customer Service rule #1 = Set Expectations.  Even if the expectation is negative, being honest will avoid long forum strings of angry customers.  A problem can make people disgruntled, but wasting their time on a problem will make them furious.
Good Customer Service rule #2 = If possible - First Time Resolution.  If the answer is "There are no current plans to implement Captivate". Then say that.  We won't be happy but we also won't waste our time searching for options that aren't there.  And we'll even be happily surprised if the policy changes in the future.

Sorry for venting a bit but I trained Marks and Spencer staff for a long time.  Frustrates me when big companies ignore the basics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're Spot On correct!

Adobe should hang their heads in shame over this they are treating their customers like idiots, just expecting us to keep spending the money on CC, but CC is fast becoming so bug ridden, that I see it as poor value now, and I for one am looking for alternatives!

Quark Inc, rather than following the Adobe rule of just keep marketing and telling users it's wonderful, have made QuarkXpress 2017 a compelling upgrade and in my opinion is the better layout program right now, Affinity Photo is a very adept Photoshop replacement and there are dozens of better Vector programs out there now, and for a long time Espresso has been a better app to produce websites in than Dreamweaver, as for muse there are dozens of easy web creators out there, and all of these do not follow a SAAS model, so I see potentially there are troubled waters ahead for Adobe, unless they pull their socks up and give themselves a good kick up the ass!

Given what we were promised with CC, the delivery is now wanting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got my vote. Give us Captivate please. This is a very useful app.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exclusion of Captivate from the CC suite is the sole reason my company chose to NOT sign up for CC licenses for my team. C'mon, Adobe.. you're killing me here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines