• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Login Verification Email w/Code

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soo, couldn't find a general category non-application related.

Is Adobe going to send a verification code everytime I attemp to login here? If so, can that be disabled/opted out of and if not, why?

I don't really care, so why should Adobe is the point.

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

If you have enabled 2FA then the following link shall guide you to disable it

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/secure-your-adobe-account.html/set-up-two-step-verification.html

However if you have not enabled it and still get email verification code then it can't be stopped, it won't be sent everytime. It's sent if Adobe senses the login pattern does not match your normal routine, it is sort of an automatic account security.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have enabled 2FA then the following link shall guide you to disable it

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/secure-your-adobe-account.html/set-up-two-step-verifica...

However if you have not enabled it and still get email verification code then it can't be stopped, it won't be sent everytime. It's sent if Adobe senses the login pattern does not match your normal routine, it is sort of an automatic account security.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget - nuisance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a nuisance, it's a very required security feature and highly recommended to be used. All sorts of hacking and phishing attacks take place left, right, and center, 2FA is a useful tool to safeguard against such attacks. I don't mind adding a few keystrokes while logging into an application if that increases my chances of being safe.

So please choose your words wisely and learn/study things on what they are and why they are implemented before jumping to conclusions, also if you answer is it's my choice and I don't care then I will reply many of us do, so go ahead and switch it off but don't call it a nuisance.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 step verification is an essntial security measure these days.  Of course, you may opt out but I don't recommend it.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/secure-your-adobe-account.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same issue. It only started several months ago but is incredible frustrating. Your account can’t be accessed without this verification code, even if you didn’t submit this request. Requiring a verification code also means that I can not use the full program when off line and especially when traveling. Also, if I open and close the program 10 times in a single day, I have to get the verification code almost EVERY SINGLE TIME. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not even Microsoft Office has the requirement to sign in when using their programs. A strong, complex password of letters, symbols, numbers, CAPS and changing on a regulare basis is all that's necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines