Highlighted

Login Verification Email w/Code

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soo, couldn't find a general category non-application related.

Is Adobe going to send a verification code everytime I attemp to login here? If so, can that be disabled/opted out of and if not, why?

I don't really care, so why should Adobe is the point.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Manan Joshi | Adobe Community Professional

If you have enabled 2FA then the following link shall guide you to disable it

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/secure-your-adobe-account.html/set-up-two-step-verification.html

However if you have not enabled it and still get email verification code then it can't be stopped, it won't be sent everytime. It's sent if Adobe senses the login pattern does not match your normal routine, it is sort of an automatic account security.

-Manan

Topics

New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Login Verification Email w/Code

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soo, couldn't find a general category non-application related.

Is Adobe going to send a verification code everytime I attemp to login here? If so, can that be disabled/opted out of and if not, why?

I don't really care, so why should Adobe is the point.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Manan Joshi | Adobe Community Professional

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/secure-your-adobe-account.html/set-up-two-step-verification.html

However if you have not enabled it and still get email verification code then it can't be stopped, it won't be sent everytime. It's sent if Adobe senses the login pattern does not match your normal routine, it is sort of an automatic account security.

-Manan

Topics

New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/secure-your-adobe-account.html/set-up-two-step-verifica...

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget - nuisance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a nuisance, it's a very required security feature and highly recommended to be used. All sorts of hacking and phishing attacks take place left, right, and center, 2FA is a useful tool to safeguard against such attacks. I don't mind adding a few keystrokes while logging into an application if that increases my chances of being safe.

So please choose your words wisely and learn/study things on what they are and why they are implemented before jumping to conclusions, also if you answer is it's my choice and I don't care then I will reply many of us do, so go ahead and switch it off but don't call it a nuisance.

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 step verification is an essntial security measure these days.  Of course, you may opt out but I don't recommend it.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/secure-your-adobe-account.html

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines