• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for a copy of the Adobe Design Suite CS6 ME version files

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have the Adobe Design Suite CS6 ME version in digital form on my computer, but my computer had to be reformated, and I no longer have it. I still have my license number and key but I need the files to be able to set it up again. Customer support said only this forum could help me with this.

Does anyone know where I can get the installation files?

Thanks,

Rebecca

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer support is wrong Wrong WRONG !!!

Adobe has removed ALL public download links for installs and updates
-links are ONLY available to someone who purchased a download from Adobe
-CS6 (and earlier) are no longer sold or supported by Adobe, and no authorized
--vendor has copies to sell... not by disc, and not by download of an installer
The Adobe employee who advises volunteer helpers (I am one) said this on 12-18-2019
"Adobe employees will no longer be engaging with Creative Suite customers to provide support via chat, phone, or social media"
That means that you will not be given a download link by contacting customer support
For CS6 back to CS4 you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link Products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
---as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
-if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought and lost a disc Adobe does not provide a replacement via download
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor
When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to at least one external device
-a usb flash drive or hard drive, or write to a DVD
-plus a text file containing your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply and for giving it to me straight!

I bought the Design Suite from a recognized seller of Adobe products and not from Adobe directly. I didn't know that this would be a problem and it made sense to buy it in my own currency and get it from where I live. 

But since this was years ago, I do not know if the company still exists or even if they would still have copies of these now unsupported files... so frustrating. I thought I had a backup of these files but cannot find them. 

This may be an old version but it worked well and it's upsetting that I would have to start paying monthly for a new version when the old version worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2020 and this is where things stand right now.  CS1, CS2 and CS3 are dead & gone. The activation servers were removed from service years ago. Even if you find an installer, it's impossible to activate the software.

CS4, CS5 and CS6 are on life support. Adobe removed the installers but the software can still be activated providing you have the following:
1. your original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase and a way to read them,
2. a legitimate serial number for that version, language and platform (Win/Mac),
3. an older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.
--------------------------
NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below.
nstalling Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra), macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), and macOS 10.14 (Mojave...

NOTE 2: Creative Suite cannot run on Catalina. Either downgrade your OS, set-up a virtual machine or get all new, 64-bit software. Your choice. Creative Cloud Plans & Pricing

NOTE 3: Legacy Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported. Use at your own risk.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
Avoid Phishing: 3 Easy Ways to Identify Adobe Staff

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>from a recognized seller of Adobe products

Your only option now is to contact that seller and be given the download link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines