Looking to activate Creative Suite 2, Acrobat 7, or Macromedia products?

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to activate your Creative Suite 2, Acrobat 7, or Macromedia products you may receive an error that the Activation server is unavailable.  As of December 15th the activation servers for these products will be shut down.  The specific affected products are as follows:

• Acrobat 7.0
  • Audition 3.0
  • Captivate 1.0
  • Contribute 2.0
  • Contribute 3.0
  • Director MX 2004
  • Dreamweaver MX 2004
  • Fireworks MX 2004
  • Flash Paper 2.0
  • Freehand MX
  • GoLive CS2
  • Illustrator CS2
  • InCopy CS2
  • InDesign CS2
  • Macromedia Studo MX 2004
  • Photoshop CS2
  • Photoshop Elements 4.0
  • Photoshop Elements 5.0
  • Premiere Pro 7.0

The activation server being shut down will not affect currently installed and activated Adobe software.  You will only face this difficulty if you need to reactivate the software.

To remedy this difficulty we have made available a version of these software titles that does not require activation.  For additional details and specific links to the software please see:

Error: Activation Server Unavailable | CS2 products, Acrobat 7 - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html

Error: Activation Server Unavailable | Macromedia branded products - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/macromedia-legacy-activation-error.html

Message was edited by: Jeff A Wright

TOPICS
Activation, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
196 Replies 196
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to activate my CS2 Premium and Acrobat 7 (Windows) and got an error message that the Activation server is unavailable.

I understand that Adobe to remedy this difficulty has made available a version of these software titles that does not require activation.

So after uninstalling all these, I downloaded the version provided at the Adobe website and have 3 questions:

1) Adobe provides a "Pdf file" that is supposed to explain the installation steps; it lists 7 file names to be downloaded for the premium version, however, when I signed in using my Adobe ID to download it,  there were only 5 items (.exe files) to be seen for the  CS2-Download. Are there missing files or is the "Pdf-file" incorrect?

2) This "Pdf-file" instructs me as the first step to open the 5 files, but lists them in an odd order. Are these to be simultaneously selected and opened?

3) One of the files ending with "_4" I do not see as available in the list of downloads at the Adobe website...where do I find it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening each of the exe files?  Which Adobe software in specific are you trying to download, extract, and install?  Finally in case it is relevant which version of Windows are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows XP Professional. I've not tried to open any exe files -- simply because there is no explanation of what they contain.

I've had the entire CS2 Premium installed on my PC, and use mainly Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat 7 Pro, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and sometimes Contribute.  The last 3 Macromedia products have not been uninstalled yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The EXE files are compressed versions of the install files per each CD they were originally included on.  There is step by step instructions within the PDF you referenced at http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/creativesuite/CS2_EOL/MLTI/CS2_install_Win.pdf.  Run each of the EXEs and choose to install later as instructed within the PDF.  You can then browse to the correct install folder when prompted in the installation process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is exactly these step-by-step instructions that are difficult to follow: where the pdf lists 7 file names to be downloaded for the premium version, online there were only 5 items (.exe files) to download.  OK, I'll try to run the exe files and choose to install later. Should I be deinstalling my Macromedia software before I start?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to uninstall the Macromedia software.  As the Creative Suite 2 installation should not affect it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright,  I contacted you before Xmas -- I’m still trying to activate my “CS2 Premium” and Acrobat 8 (German version) and have successfully uninstalled all these from my PC (Windows XP Pro). According to table in the PDF instructions that Adobe provides at:   http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/creativesuite/CS2_EOL/MLTI/C S2_install_Win.pdf ,  there should be “7” file names to download for the premium version, however, there were only 5 files (.exe files) to be seen on this CS2-Download webpage.  Two premium version files that end with "_4" and “Extras_2” are not visible in the list of downloads at the Adobe website...can you please check this and help me further? Who can I contact?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eyes-like-a-hawk please see message #11 where I have discussed the extraction process.  Any addtional content or extras will not have changed from the retail license you purchased previously.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff, you have not answered my question.

Should there be “7” file names to download for the premium version ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the installation files are available within the 3 files which are being offered for the English language Windows users the file names are as follows:

• CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1.exe
  • CreativeSuiteCS2Disc2.exe
  • CreativeSuiteCS2Disc3.exe

Please extract the files as was discussed in message #11.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Jeff

Now it is clear. The Pdf instructions did not explain this. Thanks for the help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome my apologies I believe the instructions are from the same time period as Creative Suite 2.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I registered the software using help->registration.  Adobe sent me an e-mail and I can log into "my Adobe" but I don't see any serial number or download to use to make the software work without your activation server.

When I click on "my products" there are no products listed.  When I try to use my serial number to "register new product" it says my serial # is already used.    I have had that serial # since I bought the software in 2006 (which you can verify since I ordered it from Adobe - it even says so in my order history).  The only person that serial number is in use by is me.

So what do I do now?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial numbers for the new downloads are given on the download page.  You don't use your old serial for the new download.  Now, everyone reinstalling has the same serial number.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kulhain1:  Go to  http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html

In step 2 on this page, click the language version that you want. You'll land on the page with downloads and the new serial numbers.

Now you must log-in with your Adobe ID.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're only seeing the 5 files, and not the missing D4 file or the Extras 2 folder for the Premium version, you'll probably have to contact Adobe. I don't think anyone outside of the company will be able to force the missing files to populate your list.

As for the instructions, I had to read through them a dozen times before I figured them out, myself. They basically tell you to extract all the files *EXCEPT* the one for Disk 1 first, because Disk 1 will automatically run the installer program, and they want the files already unpacked onto your hard drive before you run it.

Now, *I* am having a problem I need help with...I've followed the instructions to the T, and the stupid installer program won't work properly. I run and unpack all the other files first, then I unpack the Disk 1 file and let the installer run, it installs the first disk, then it asks me to insert Disk 2.

Uhm...there *is* no disk 2, it was a downloadable file that I already unpacked, per the instructions.

Obviously, there's details missing from this installation process that I'm not privy to.

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64. Yes, I know it's technically "completely unsupported." Yes, I've had the call center guy tell me it won't work. Yes, I was running it on Windows 7 Professional 64 for a full month without any problems (until I tried to run the program with my internet connection down and it told me I needed to re-authenticate, causing this situation to begin with).

I have also attempted to use this installer package on my Windows XP Pro 32 machine, I'm getting the exact same problem, it asks for a disk that simply doesn't exist.

Also, I'm POOR. Like, scraping to pay the bills POOR. The only reason I have Creative Suite 2 is that it was given to me as a gift a few years ago. Running out and throwing hundreds of dollars at CS6 is absolutely out of the question.

Ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project D v2 I will test out the process versus the directions in a Windows XP virtual machine.  I believe you will want to copy the contents of the Creative Suite folder from each of the discs to the Creative Suite folder in the disc one folder.  The installer should then detect the payload and continue the installation instead of asking you to insert a disc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the English version of the software the file CreativeSuiteCS2Disc2 extracts to C:\Creative Suite\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0\.  CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1 and CreativeSuiteCS2Disc3 both extract to C:\Creative Suite CS2\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0\. 

If you copy the contents of the C:\Creative Suite\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0\ folder to the C:\Creative Suite CS2\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0\ folder you will no longer be prompted to insert disc two.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having the problem of it asking for disc 2 even after the fix you gave in post 11.  Any other ideas?  Anyone else still having this problem?  Help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it would appear the install files in the second download did not extract properly or are not being seen by the installer.  Please try downloading again, possibly also try with a different web browser, and then try extracting the files again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jz923, your install folder should look like this if everything is in it's right place.  hope this helps.

CS2install.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with it asking me for disk 2... Did you ever solve this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CountrneyBerry please see message #11 which explains how to extract the install files so that you are not prompted for disc 2.

Muneeb786 I don't have any information available at the moment on when the missing software titles will be available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I managed to use the english version provided here to get the Arabic version working.  Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines