• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6 Unable to Sign Out after Big Sur Upgrade

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR6 on my Mac, and recently upgraded to Big Sur.  I decided to move my LR6 license to a Windows PC, but I need to free up my license on my Mac first.  On my Mac I started LR6 and clicked "Help" > "Sign Out" but nothing happens.  I've tried it many times, but it never signs out.  Consequently I am unable to "Sign In" on my Windows PC.

Is there a workaround for the "Sign Out" problem on Big Sur?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the "Account management screen" offers nothing for me, since I am not a CC subscriber.  I have LR6.  If there's a secret screen somewhere on Adobe.com which let's LR6 owners disassociate a license from a computer, I haven't found it yet.  And doing through the app does not work on Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple's BS causes problems when trying to run old programs

I do NOT know if these revert to older links will work with BS
https://macpaw.com/how-to/downgrade-from-catalina or
https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/downgrade-macos-3581872/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  That's one big reason I'm switching to Windows.  Between the Big Sur BS breaking apps, and making my mac more and more like an iPad, and the forced march to Apple Silicon, I think I'm done with Apple. Have you tried deleting a message thread in the Big Sur Messages app?  Lotsa clicking.  Keyboard shortcuts no longer work.  Like the app was never designed for a keyboard.  Thanks for that Apple.

I should have "Signed Out" of LR6 before I upgraded to Big Sur.  Hindsight is 2020.  I could restore from a Time Machine backup, but man, that's a PITA.  I'll try Adobe support first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support was useless.  Ugh.  Not sure who is worse:  Adobe for refusing to make a working license uninstaller and providing no help  whatsoever for what should be a 1-minute fix, or Apple for breaking 32-bit apps.  To heck with both of them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @markh4971460,

You're using outdated software that had an expected shelf-life of 3-5 years.  You got almost a decade of use out of it.  I don't know what you have to be unhappy about.  Neither Adobe nor Apple FORCED you to upgrade your OS.  I think you need to re-assess what's more important -- outdated software that hasn't been updated in several years or a modern OS. 

Personally, I think a modern OS is more important for a lot of reasons.  With that in mind, you CAN be up & running again in a few minutes if you want to be.

Creative Cloud Photography Plan -- approx $10/month for 12 months. Includes the latest versions of these great products & services:
-- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
-- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic
-- Portfolio website + hosting
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm unhappy because I had something that was working perfectly well, and now it isn't.  Because I apparently on a land mine.  By your logic, it's my fault I stepped on a land mine I couln't see.  Furthermore, when I bought LR6 back in 2015, how was I to know my photos and their metadata would soon be trapped in a subscription model I never wanted or agreed to?

I'm not going to pay a subscription for something I use once or twice a year.  I happily paid for upgrades over the years from LR1 to LR4 to LR6.  But now Adobe wants to install a permanent leech on my wallet, whether I use it or not.  No thanks.  There are other optoins, and I plan to try them.  Adobe is giving other software makers strong incentive to build great alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines