• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac 10.6 fix for Freehand?

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a need to run Freehand MX 11.0.2 in a Snow Leopard 10.6.8 virtual machine (with VirtualBox).  Apparently, there is a known problem with the Rosetta install in this OS not allowing certain apps to launch and run.  Adobe provided an "Adobe 10.6 fix" for this issue back around 2011/2012, which apparently includes Freehand (even though this version predates to Macromedia).  I can no longer find this "patch" file on any known archive, repository or index site.  Does anyone have this fix available that they can please provide it to me?

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Still available from adobe:

Download the following zip file, decompress and install it in the following location: Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\Macromedia.

http://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/kb/en/504/cpsid_50468/attachments/FreeHand_MXa_Registration.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has removed ALL public download links for installs and updates

-CS6 (and earlier) are no longer sold or supported by Adobe, and no authorized
-vendor has copies to sell... not by disc, and not by download of an installer

The Adobe employee who advises volunteer helpers (I am one) said this on 12-18-2019
"Adobe employees will no longer be engaging with Creative Suite customers to provide support via chat, phone, or social media"
That means that you will not be given a download link by contacting customer support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still available from adobe:

Download the following zip file, decompress and install it in the following location: Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\Macromedia.

http://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/kb/en/504/cpsid_50468/attachments/FreeHand_MXa_Registration.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - I'll take those steps and see if the app then runs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines