Highlighted

Mac crashes with Lightroom installed

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac crashed, with many pictures from a recent shoot. How can I recover the Images?  I always backed up Lightroom and will need to recover from a different Mac. Any advice would be deeply appreciated!

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mac crashes with Lightroom installed

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac crashed, with many pictures from a recent shoot. How can I recover the Images?  I always backed up Lightroom and will need to recover from a different Mac. Any advice would be deeply appreciated!

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you'll find a lot of information 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom/catalogs/backups/

Do you have only a backup of Lightroom's catalog or still from your pictures?

The best way is to install Lightroom and restore the catalog from your backup or different Mac. 

The pictures has to restored/copied on the same drive name in the same folder structure as they are stored before. Otherwise you'll found a lot of "missing picture" warnings in your catalog.

If you get these message then take a look here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

DON'T IMPORT THE PICTURES AGAIN!! In this case you'll loose your developments for this pictures.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0