Highlighted

MAC hangs with Adobe Products Open

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,
I just got a top-of-the-line Mac Pro desktop. It has a fresh install of Catalina and all the Adobe CC products. The problem i am having is: when the Mac is left alone with any Adobe products open, the Mac will go into some kind of sleep (and it isn't set for that) with a black screen that it will not wake out of. When I come back to wake it up, I have to shut it down manually and restart. If I leave it on overnight without restarting, the logs show that it is crashing and rebooting randomly in the middle of the night, but I can't figure out how to tell what process is crashing.
It runs these programs slower than my 10 yo Mac Pro does, which is strange as well.

I have a friend who has a brand-new decked out Macbook Pro, and hers will crash when it goes to save projects sometimes, and it will also go into a random sleep mode that it won't wake from if Adobe programs are left open. Note that this issue with the black screen(sleep?) doesn't happen when the computer is being used. It's only if it is left alone, even when not told to sleep automatically. It almost seems like a graphics driver hang...

We don't understand what is going on here and would like any input possible.

These are both fresh installs of CC programs. Mostly the Premiere Pro and Photoshop are used, but sometimes Indesign is run on the Mac Pro.

Topics

CC FAQ, Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

MAC hangs with Adobe Products Open

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,
I just got a top-of-the-line Mac Pro desktop. It has a fresh install of Catalina and all the Adobe CC products. The problem i am having is: when the Mac is left alone with any Adobe products open, the Mac will go into some kind of sleep (and it isn't set for that) with a black screen that it will not wake out of. When I come back to wake it up, I have to shut it down manually and restart. If I leave it on overnight without restarting, the logs show that it is crashing and rebooting randomly in the middle of the night, but I can't figure out how to tell what process is crashing.
It runs these programs slower than my 10 yo Mac Pro does, which is strange as well.

I have a friend who has a brand-new decked out Macbook Pro, and hers will crash when it goes to save projects sometimes, and it will also go into a random sleep mode that it won't wake from if Adobe programs are left open. Note that this issue with the black screen(sleep?) doesn't happen when the computer is being used. It's only if it is left alone, even when not told to sleep automatically. It almost seems like a graphics driver hang...

We don't understand what is going on here and would like any input possible.

These are both fresh installs of CC programs. Mostly the Premiere Pro and Photoshop are used, but sometimes Indesign is run on the Mac Pro.

Topics

CC FAQ, Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?