Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS X adobe_licensing_helper in Launchpad

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon!

Using Adobe products on Mac (Mac OS X 10.13.5) for a while and only now weird icon with title "adobe_licensing_helper" appeared in Launchpad.

It is clear by it's name, what this is doing (actually, nothing when clicking on it), but how can I get rid of it?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that doesn't look like an adobe file. 

the only references i see (using google) are from iboostup.com.  have you knowingly used that website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. For me, the icon appeared yesterday after updating Creative Cloud. I haven't done anything else related to Adobe products in at least a week or two so it must be the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah guys. Me too. I did that big update and then now I have this ugly icon stuck in my Launchpad. I can't find out how to delete it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

search"Adobe license helper" in your disk ,then delete the related data

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open terminal;

Put the command below:

sqlite3 $(sudo find /private/var/folders -name com.apple.dock.launchpad)/db/db "DELETE FROM apps WHERE title='adobe_licensing_helper;" && killall Dock

Hit enter

Put your password

Done!

This command is working in the latest High Sierra and it does not remove the app, only remove it from the Launch Pad. You can do that to any app, just change the name to the app that you want to remove name (case sensitive and use underlines if it has spaces)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High Sierra 10.3.6
Tried your terminal command (with sudo) but it didn't work. Maybe it was using these services?

find: /private/var/folders/m1/_5w44lh576s_vm85wd0_lg3r0000gn/0/SafariFamily: Operation not permitted

find: /private/var/folders/m1/_5w44lh576s_vm85wd0_lg3r0000gn/0/com.apple.LaunchServices.dv: Operation not permitted

find: /private/var/folders/m1/_5w44lh576s_vm85wd0_lg3r0000gn/0/com.apple.nsurlsessiond: Operation not permitted

find: /private/var/folders/m1/_5w44lh576s_vm85wd0_lg3r0000gn/0/com.apple.routined: Operation not permitted

find: /private/var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n00000y800007k/0/com.apple.nsurlsessiond: Operation not permitted

Error: unrecognized token: "'adobe_licensing_helper;"

I'm going to make a "Land of Misfit Apps" folder on launchpad and organize this abomination into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

should be this:

sqlite3 $(sudo find /private/var/folders -name com.apple.dock.launchpad)/db/db "DELETE FROM apps WHERE title='adobe_licensing_helper'" && killall Dock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

非常感谢你的帮助!
Missing a '
Now to remove many more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where does the (') go?

sqlite3 $(sudo find /private/var/folders -name com.apple.dock.launchpad)/db/db "DELETE FROM apps WHERE title='adobe_licensing_helper;" && killall Dock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me on Mojave 10.14.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone from Adobe reply?  I have the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, how do we remove this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The commands bellow will remove all these shortcuts from Launchpad:

1. AAMLauncherUtil
  2. AAM Registration Notifier
  3. adobe_licensing_helper
  4. AASIapp
  5. adobe_lichelper
  6. AdobeIPCBroker

1. Open terminal and run those lines:

# find launchpad database file and clean it up

sudo sqlite3 $(sudo echo /private/var/folders/*/*/*/com.apple.dock.launchpad/db/db) "delete from apps where title like 'AAM%' or title like 'AASI%' or title like '%IPCBroker' or title like '%adobe_%helper%';"

# restart dock/launchpad

killall Dock

0. Pay close attention to the SQL query you are writing to make sure that aren't going to remove important shortcuts. If you want to check what shortcuts will be removed, than you just do a SELECT title instead of DELETE, example bellow:

sudo sqlite3 $(sudo echo /private/var/folders/*/*/*/com.apple.dock.launchpad/db/db)

select title from apps where title like 'AAM%' or title like 'AASI%' or title like '%IPCBroker' or title like '%adobe_%helper%';

[ctrl+c multiple times to exit sqlite3 client]

This should print something like:

194|AAMLauncherUtil|adobe.AAMLauncherUtil|||576254384.0|book?

198|AAM Registration Notifier|com.adobe.AAMRegistrationNotifier|||576519549.0|book?

206|adobe_licensing_helper|com.adobe.ngl.p7helper|||576254387.0|book?

207|AASIapp|com.adobe.AASIapp|||576254387.0|book?

208|adobe_lichelper|com.adobe.adobe_lichelper|||576254387.0|book?

211|AdobeIPCBroker|com.adobe.AdobeIPCBroker|||576254388.0|book?

If everything listed is what you wanna remove, just go ahead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Finder -> Utilities -> move all folders related to Adobe to Trash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines