Mac OSX High Sierra (10.13.6) and Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iMac running OSX 10.13.6.   Despite being 10 yrs old the computer itself is working fine with the exception of Photoshop.  A recent update has rendered the software useless as it crashes all the time. I have version 21 on my desktop and 22 on my laptop which works fine, however, laptop is not really the place I do my main work.  I wanted to revert to an earlier version of Photoshop that doesn't crash but that doesn't seem to be possible.  The only options in the install earlier versions section show the latest incompatible version plus the version I have installed (which crashes).  I see all the earlier versions for lightroom and thought it should be the same for Photoshop/Bridge. I just want to roll back one updated.  Unfortunately I don't have a TimeMachine back up from an earlier version as I had inadvertently switched Time Machine off.

Any ideas how to get the earlier versions to show up?

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 11.25.32.png

TOPICS
CC FAQ, Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe only offeres current and ONE older version

Direct Download Links https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl MAY help
-you MUST do what it says in Note: Very Important Instructions
-https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions
-the prodesign links go directly to Adobe's file server, so this process
--will only work until Adobe completely removes the old version(s) from the server
IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-since Adobe does sometimes remove old versions from the server
-a usb flash drive or hard drive, or write to a DVD

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the help.  I was able to download the version, but came across an error code when trying to install which I'm not able to get past.  I think I'm just going to have to abandon Photoshop for an alternative software.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines