Highlighted

macOS-10.15-XD.dmg unexpected request for installation permission.

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been experiencing installer popups requesting permission to install macOS-10.15-XD.dmg. I am suspecting this is part of the XD software. I have not requested this dmg to be installed and there is no information on how to prevent additionall install attempts.

At best this is super crappy user experinece and at worst the optics appear as malicious software something is attempting install on my computer.

I have even uninstalled the XD app but the requests keep appearing. Is there any way to fix this without completely uninstalling the entier Adobe suite? I have been Adobe user since Photoshop 6 and this kind of user experinece annoyances are making me wonder if I should start looking at competing products. 

Hopefully there is a solution to stop these install requests.

- Cheers.

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

macOS-10.15-XD.dmg unexpected request for installation permission.

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been experiencing installer popups requesting permission to install macOS-10.15-XD.dmg. I am suspecting this is part of the XD software. I have not requested this dmg to be installed and there is no information on how to prevent additionall install attempts.

At best this is super crappy user experinece and at worst the optics appear as malicious software something is attempting install on my computer.

I have even uninstalled the XD app but the requests keep appearing. Is there any way to fix this without completely uninstalling the entier Adobe suite? I have been Adobe user since Photoshop 6 and this kind of user experinece annoyances are making me wonder if I should start looking at competing products. 

Hopefully there is a solution to stop these install requests.

- Cheers.

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?