• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

macOS Big Sur (RTM) 11.0.1 Compatibility - Creative Cloud Installer Trouble - infinity....and beyond

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experience of Adobe Creative Cloud Software Install on MacOS Bug Sur RTM

Date:             December 2020

Conclusion:  Avoid MacOS Big Sur at the moment until Adobe corrects their Installer 

I have just upgraded my MacBook to MacOS Big Sur release version (upgrade from Catalina) - all seems to be very stable with everyting else except Adobe Creative Cloud. I have tried to install Adobe Creative Cloud and this is my current experience which Adobe Support do not seem to be able to help with or even understand the issue when I contacted them - instead saying I had Firewalls or Antivirus software enabled - which I do not. To be clear I have installed successfully on Mojave and Catalina fine BUT not on MacOS Big Sur. My details are here:

Photo-1.png

I have tried two ways of doing this via a usual admin account install (fail) or using an elevated enbled root account (whcih results in loading to infinity....and beyond!). In both tested cases this does not work and I am left writing this post for the community to report this incompatability. I am including full screenshots below along with a failure by the Adobe Official Technical Support App to run a screen share - which also does not work on Big Sur - gave up at this point. Very frustrating.... your experiences? 

1. Install using local account (admin privilages) - fail

Photo-2.png

Photo-3.png

2. Install using an eabled root account (admin privilages) - fail  

Photo-4.pngPhoto-5.pngPhoto-6.pngPhoto-7.pngPhoto-8.png

3. Cleanup install and then repeat step 2 - fail

Photo-9.pngPhoto-10.png

3. Screen sharing app from Adobe Technical Support - fail 

Photo-11.pngPhoto-12.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Fix: I reinstalled MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1 Update and this seems to have fixed my Security Model issue - fully installedNote: It is possible this may be linked to this here where Apple has Released a Revised version of 11.0.1 for Big Sur Users?   

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

1. Make sure that you install MacOS Big Sur 11.1 update first.

2. Setup Root access to MacOS as here

3. Login as Root and then turn off all firewalls, antivirus or content blockers - make sure Safari is your default browser in Settings. 

4. Uninstall the existing instance of the Creative Suite if you have it already installed via the utility here

5. Login as your normal account and clean up your Mac using an excellent App here as you may have "remaining files" and "startup programs" also blocking yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix: I reinstalled MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1 Update and this seems to have fixed my Security Model issue - fully installedNote: It is possible this may be linked to this here where Apple has Released a Revised version of 11.0.1 for Big Sur Users?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Same thing for me here. I just upgraded on Big Sur yesterday (clean install) and I have some issues when installing the Creative Cloud app. Actually, I installed it and it's ok but when launching the app I am stucked with this (loading screen) : 

Capture d’écran 2021-01-10 à 10.05.45.png

After 2 or 3 minutes of waiting, this appears :

Capture d’écran 2021-01-10 à 09.04.12.png

Litterally meaning that loading is longer than usual and it's said that I should relaunch the app or reboot the computer. Both things do not work.

Any help please ?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Make sure that you install MacOS Big Sur 11.1 update first.

2. Setup Root access to MacOS as here

3. Login as Root and then turn off all firewalls, antivirus or content blockers - make sure Safari is your default browser in Settings. 

4. Uninstall the existing instance of the Creative Suite if you have it already installed via the utility here

5. Login as your normal account and clean up your Mac using an excellent App here as you may have "remaining files" and "startup programs" also blocking your install - again make sure all firewalls, antivirus or content blockers are off - make sure Safari is your default browser in Settings. 

6. Reboot your Mac once cleaned and then log back in as a normal user. Then use the new Creative Cloud installer from Adobe directly. If it is still blocked then you have perhaps a router firewall enabled blocking ports that it need to access the installer files. 

7. If all is successful then using your normal account disable the Root account to tidy up. 

NB. Prior to MacOS 11.1 I had massive trouble installing "Creative Cloud" but now everything is fine. Let me know if you need any more help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines