• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS does not recognize internet addresses beginning with aam

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download CC apps both from the app list and the application manager in Mac using OS 10.15.3. I get a Page Failed to Load error that ends with the note that MacOS doesn't reccognize internet addresses that begin with aam, as in Adobe Application Manager. Tried with firewall on and off. Any hints?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed the Cloud desktop app so you can install the other apps with it?

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried from both the list of apps and the application manager. It's apparently a Mac OS issue and not a CC issue given the nature of the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In other words, I used both methods listed on the link you provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Creative Cloud apps on both Windows and Mac and have always successfully installed the software when using the Cloud Desktop app.

I wonder what's different for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catspaw_51 what error do you receive when you begin the installation process through the Creative Cloud desktop app as discussed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html and suggested by John?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what John Walker suggested before I posted my original inquiry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what error did you receive within the Creative Cloud desktop app? If you don't remember then please check the install log.  For more information on how to locate fatal errors see  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-log-files.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now a moot point, but there was no error message other than a Mac failure to load message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reported this problem to Apple?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Smith, the error occurs because the browser does not know how to hand off the request to the Creative Cloud desktop app.  If the original poster follows the advice provided by John Walker, then they will be able to begin the install process since the installation is not being triggered by a web browser.  More information on this can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/aam-error-update-cc-desktop-app.html.

This use to be more common before we started, including both the Application and the CC Desktop app when you install your first App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here's a long-shot question. Historically, CC apps show up in a directory as, say, Illustrator CC. I happen to have a non CC version of Illustrator on this machine. I got an update notice and ended up with something called Illustrator 2020. Is that the name of the current CC version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2020 (v 24.1.1.) is the latest CC release.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>Is that the name of the current CC version?

Yes. Adobe has a long history of confusing version numbering for their products.

Illustrator is a case in point:

• 1-10
  • CS to CS6
  • CC 2014 (19.x)
  • CC 2015 (20.x)
  • CC 2017 (21.x)
  • CC 2018 (22.x)
  • CC 2019 (23.x)
  • 2020 (version 24.x) - current

CC originally distinguished Creative Cloud subscription versions from Creative Suite (CS) perpetually licensed versions.

Since the only version of Illustrator is now a Cloud subscription, Adobe dropped the redundant CC from the product name for the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of older CC folders. Do they need to be uninstalled or can I just delete them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstall from Creative Cloud desktop app or your operating system.

On Windows, deleting files does not uninstall programs.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines