Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS Overheating

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I appreciate that this has probably been asked thousands of times but as we all know Adobe software can induce madness sometimes. I've got a new computer running (High Sierra) with a pretty empty hard drive and 16gb RAM. I've upgraded to the latest LR version but once again (just resubscribed) it's causing my fans to run wild and the computer is overheating. Happens especially with the spot removal and adjustment tools. Is there anything I can do short of rolling back to an older version and or disabling the GPU? Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macs are designed to run hot. This is what you pay for with a powerful Mac. When they run hot, the fans will work. Everything sounds entirely normal. Why would you not want to use the power of your new Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. I should have added that it is usualy at this time of heating and fans working overtime that LR also does not respond properly. It doesn't just slow down, it stops responding until I've closed the tools mentioned above and let the computer cool down. I'd had this issue last year when I'd updated LR. There seems to be certain vesrions of LR that run less efficiently and this seems to be what's indicated. I was hoping there might have been some update or other fix. Clearly this is an issue for a lot of other people as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines